All times Eastern.
Friday, October 4
|(1) Booker T. Washington (Miami)||28|
|(32) Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas)||12|
RECAP: The Tornadoes improved to 6-0 with their second out-of-state win of the season, though this one was much more difficult than the first. Booker T. Washington, which thumped then-No. 6 Norcross (Ga.) 55-0 to open the season, only led Bishop Gorman 14-12 in the fourth quarter. Terry Jefferson, who had a game-clinching interception return for a touchdown against then-No. 2 Miami Central, recovered a fumble deep in Bishop Gorman territory that led to two fourth quarter touchdowns. BTW quarterback Treon Harris three three touchdowns and ran for another.
|Bessemer City (Ala.)||7|
|(6) Hoover (Ala.)||48|
RECAP: Hoover (6-0) returned three interceptions for touchdowns and four touchdowns from its defense in all in a convincing win at home.
|Crenshaw (Los Angeles)||35|
|(8) St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.)||75|
RECAP: Josh Rosen is just fine, thanks. The Bosco quarterback, playing in his first game since suffering a shoulder injury on Sept. 14, threw for 233 yards and five touchdowns in the rout.
|(9) Colerain (Cincinnati)||56|
RECAP: Kelvin Cook’s 80-yard touchdown pass to DeTuan Smith-Moore in the fourth quarter gave the Cardinals a 42-38 lead and Colerain’s defense put the game away.
|(12) St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, N.J.)||35|
|Wayne Hills (Wayne, N.J.)||0|
RECAP: Sherman Alston ran for 101 yards and a touchdown and Devin Cividini had a 55-yard interception return for a touchdown in the first quarter, as St. Joseph Regional built an early 28-0 lead and cruised to another win.
|(13) Oscar Smith (Chesapeake, Va.)||70|
|Deep Creek (Chesapeake, Va.)||3|
RECAP: Oscar Smith won its 60th consecutive district game in impressive fashion.
|(15) Mountain Pointe (Phoenix)||49|
|Desert Vista (Phoenix)||6|
RECAP: Mountain Pointe scored 41 consecutive points to turn a close game into a route in front of 11,892 fans at the Ahwatukee Bowl.
|(15) Northwestern (Rock Hill, S.C.)||27|
|South Pointe (Rock Hill, S.C.)||0|
RECAP: In earning the shutout, Northwestern’s defense limited South Pointe to 190 yards of total offense.
|(16) Jenks (Okla.)||59|
RECAP: Sapulpa scored a touchdown on its opening possession of the second half to cut the Jenks lead to 17-7, but that was as close as the Chieftains would get.
|Montgomery Bell Academy (Nashville)||21|
|(17) Ensworth (Nashville)||35|
RECAP: Ensworth quarterback P.J. Settles threw for 227 yards and three touchdowns, including a 71-yarder to JaCoby Stevens, to help the Tigers extend their winning streak to 27 games.
|(18) Byrnes (Duncan, S.C.)||35|
RECAP: Byrnes senior quarterback Shuler Bentley passed for 396 yards and five touchdowns in the rout.
|(19) University (Ft. Lauderdale)||63|
|North Broward Prep (Coconut Creek, Fla.)||0|
RECAP: University School quarterback Sean White completed 13 of his 15 pass attempts for 172 yards and two touchdowns.
|McArthur (Hollywood, Fla.)||0|
|(21) Miramar (Fla.)||56|
RECAP: Miramar quarterback Nick Jeanty threw six touchdowns and the Patriots’ defense registered its second consecutive shutout.
|Riverview (Sarasota, Fla.)||0|
|(22) Manatee (Bradenton, Fla.)||47|
RECAP: Manatee limited Riverview to 131 yards of total offense in the Hurricanes’ second consecutive shutout.
|(23) North Gwinnett (Suwanee, Ga.)||52|
RECAP: North Gwinnett scored two touchdowns in a little more than a minute in the third quarter to turn a 17-13 halftime lead into a rout.
|(24) St. Thomas Aquinas (Ft. Lauderdale)||66|
|South Broward (Hollywood, Fla.)||0|
RECAP: Corey Holmes had three catches for 94 yards and three touchdowns in the Raiders’ blowout win.
|(25) Mallard Creek (Charlotte)||69|
|Hopewell (Huntersville, N.C.)||0|
RECAP: Sophomore quarterback James Smith, filling in for the injured Emiere Scaife, threw for 194 yards and two touchdowns.
Saturday, October 5
|(5) Miami Central||37|
RECAP: The Rockets had 490 yards of total offense in the win.
|(10) De La Salle (Concord, Calif.)||35|
RECAP: John Velasco rushed for four touchdowns in the Spartans’ blowout win.
The Next 25 Scores
26. Bingham, South Jordan (Utah) 38, Brighton (Cottonwood Heights) 21 (FINAL)
St. Augustine (New Orleans) 29, 27. John Curtis Christian (River Ridge, La.) 28 (FINAL)
42. Loyola Academy (Wilmette) 24, 28. Mount Carmel (Chicago) 17 (FINAL)
30. DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.) 49, Bishop O’Connell (Arlington, Va.) 14 (FINAL)
31. Cass Tech (Detroit) 69, Ford (Detroit) 0 (FINAL)
33. St. Edward (Lakewood, Ohio) 41, Cardinal Mooney (Youngstown) 14 (FINAL)
34. McEachern (Powder Springs, Ga.) 49, Campbell (Smyrna) 35 (FINAL)
35. Clay-Chalkville (Pinson, Ala.) 62, Grissom (Huntsville) 8 (FINAL)
36. Moeller (Cincinnati) 31, La Salle (Cincinnati) 28 (FINAL)
37. Brother Rice (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.) 31, St. Mary Prep (Orchard Lake) 14 (FINAL)
38. Blue Springs (Mo.) 27, Lee’s Summit North (Lee’s Summit) 3 (FINAL)
39. Punahou (Honolulu) 35, St. Louis (Honolulu) 32 (FINAL)
40. Brandon (Miss.) 42, Forest Hill (Jackson) 7 (FINAL)
41. Eden Prairie (Minn.) 28, Minnetonka 7 (FINAL)
43. Dwyer (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.) 40, Royal Palm Beach 14 (FINAL)
44. Homestead (Mequon, Wis.) 56, Milwaukee Lutheran (Milwaukee) 14 (FINAL)
45. Westside (Omaha) 47, Millard South (Omaha) 0 (FINAL)
46. Mission Viejo (Calif.) 47, Redlands East Valley (Redlands) 21 (FINAL)
47. Central Catholic (Portland, Ore.) 47, Gresham 5 (FINAL)
Norco 38, 48. Bishop Alemany (Mission Hills, Calif.) 37 (FINAL)
49. Central Catholic (Pittsburgh) 49, Pine-Richland (Gibsonia) 14 (FINAL)
Ben Davis (Indianapolis) 37, 50. Center Grove (Greenwood, Ind.) 20 (FINAL)