* Lancaster girls compete at Watkins Memorial: The Golden Gales had one of their best performances of the season by finishing ninth out of 25 Division I schools at the McGowan Invitational at Watkins Memorial High School on Saturday.
Leading the way for Lancaster was junior Savannah McCray, who placed eight with a time of 19:24. Other runners for the Gales were Dasia Burgess (11th, 20:14), Emily Johnson (57th, 21:54, Heather Walker (60th, 21:59), Aubrey Tobin (83rd, 22:27). Cecily Stasel (23:45) and Taylor Batz (25:06) rounded out the scoring.
In the open race, Justin Skatzes finished 59th with a time of 26:16, followed by Mallory Schmelzer (74th, 26:47) and Liz Davis (105th, 28:13).
* Butterbaugh leads way for Amanda-Clearcreek: The Aces’ Sammie Butterbaugh placed ninth with a time of 19:37. Other runners for the Aces were (Autumn Stone (21:39), Katie Krile (26:39) and Joce Palombo (27:14). The top boys runners were Canaan Gardner (18:24) and Corey Mullins (23:57).
The Aces’ middle school also competed at the invitational. Running for the boys’ team were Trent Holbrook (3rd, 11:35), Damascus (14:20), Cole Duncan (14:25), Chris Tooill (16:24), Mason Dum (21:11).
Times for the girls included Booke Bolin (15th, 13:49), Becca Woida (14:21), Ellie Sahr (16:07) and Kennedy Rhymer (17:06).
* Bloom-Carroll Watkins Invite results: Times for the Bulldogs, who also competed at the McGowan Invitational at Watkins Memorial were: boys: Jeremy Cuckler (18:36), Alex Sherman (19:18), Trey Mathis (20:43), James Hammer (21:16), Brett Rodgers (23:09).
Girls finishers were Jalyn Devereaux (20:57), Sydney Peters (23:57), Rachel Salyers (24:40), Ashlee Ireland (25:30) and Abby Grover (27:12).
* Wood Leads Fisher Catholic: Aaron Wood finished seventh at the McGowan Invitational with a time of 17:14. Other finishers for the Irish were Andrew Smith (49th, 19:25), Adam Jones (59th, 19:47), Mason Collier (20:20) and Brandon Shull (20:30).
Adriana DeGenova was the top finisher for the girls as she finished 29th with a time of 22:39. Other finishers were Jessica Callahan (23:47), Ashley Forsythe (25:19), Gillian Baker (25:43) and Sarah Bennett (25:53).
* Lancaster 7, Westland 0: Erica Campbell scored three unassisted goals to lead the way for the Golden Gales in a nonleague win over the Cougars.
Micayla Welsh had two goals, Alex Farrow scored on a penalty kick and Shannon Frear added an unassisted goal.
Micayla Wagner had five saves in goal for Lancaster (5-2) and Brittany Wolfe had three.
* Warren 3, Fisher Catholic 0: The Irish fell behind 2-0 at halftime in their nonleague loss at Warren.
Fisher Catholic goalie Sydney Frank finished with 10 saves.
Bloom-Carroll finishes sixth: The Bloom-Carroll boys golf team finished sixth (313) out of 19 teams at the Bexley Invitational.
Jake Roach fired a 75 to lead the Bulldogs. Other scores were Noah Frase (76), Bryce Walters (79) and Jarred Krrutz and Scotty Phillips both shot 83.