Cam Lueder scattered six hits in seven innings and Colin Fellows homered to lead the Trumansburg baseball team to a 6-3 victory over Union Springs on Monday in Interscholastic Athletic Conference play.
Mitchell Swartwood, Lueder and Ben Giancola each had doubles for the Blue Raiders. Lueder — who no-hit the Wolves in the season-opener — struck out seven and walked none, and yielded just two earned runs.
* Tioga 25, Newfield 0: Winning pitcher Jesse Manuel tossed a complete-game three-hitter and struck out 15 Trojan batters. Dakota Skinner went 5-for-7 with a pair of doubles for the Tigers, who scored five runs in the first and seven in the third to break the game open.
* Elmira 15, Ithaca 2: The Express took advantage of numerous walks, as well as a two-run double by Skyler Leljedal, to score seven times in the first inning en route to the Southern Tier Athletic Conference win.
Brennan Caveny went 2-for-3 with a double and Avery Whisman-Woodard also collected two hits for the Little Red, which is back in action Wednesday at home against Corning.
* Ithaca 5, Elmira 2: The Express took the top two singles matches, courtesy of the Parfianowicz brothers — Dominic and Jacob — but Ithaca swept the rest of the matches to improve to 6-0 on the season. Elmira dropped to 3-2. All five of Ithaca’s wins came in straight sets.
Boys track and field
* Trumansburg 90, Groton 40; Union Springs 67, Groton 54; Trumansburg 94, Union Springs 46: At Groton, Kyle Carr won the 110 hurdles (17.10) and Ben Smith took first in the 800 (2:07.20) to power the Blue Raiders.
Smith also tied for first with Union Springs’ Justin Porter in the 100 (12.10).
* Dryden 89, Marathon 36; Dryden 107, Moravia 28: At Dryden, Will Holt won the 110 hurdles (16.44) and 400 hurdles (1:02.66) for the Purple Lions.
Liam Joyce took first in the 100 (12.45) and 200 (25.10) for Dryden.
* Trumansburg 6, Moravia 1: At Moravia, Wes Regnier and Josiah Peck each earned straight-set wins at second and third seconds respectively for the Blue Raiders.
Dustin Eshleman won 6-3, 6-0 at first singles for the Blue Devils.
Girls track and field
* Trumansburg 90, Groton 31; Union Springs 89, Groton 36; Trumansburg 77, Union Springs 52: At Groton, Olivia Colon won the 100 (14.20) and 200 (29.30) for the Blue Raiders.
Anna Shelley won the 100 hurdles (18.80) and shot put (26-51/2) for Trumansburg.
* Dryden 117, Marathon 13; Dryden 89, Moravia 48: At Dryden, Abbey Yatso won the 100 (13.41) and 200 (27.72) for the Purple Lions.