West High rallied toward the end but couldn’t quite catch No. 3 Waterloo West, losing 65-55 at home.
After trailing by 12 at halftime, West High cut the lead to six points with two minutes to go, but Waterloo West made free throws down the stretch to clinch the game.
Mikaela Morgan had 17 points to lead the Women of Troy (2-3, 1-2 MVC). Mollie Mason had 15 points, and Grace Tafolla had 10 points.
* REGINA 55, TIPTON 39: On a night when she was presented a basketball honoring her 1,000th point on Saturday night, Jenna Lehman led the Regina girls to victory over Tipton on the road.
Lehman had 27 points Tuesday night for the Regals. Hannah Stein chipped in 10 points.
* ANAMOSA 49, CLEAR CREEK AMANA 47: Tied 47-47 with 11.7 seconds to go, Anamosa edged the Clippers (2-3) by downing two free throws.
Hanna Stokes had 18 points and 12 rebounds for CCA.
* WEST BRANCH 48, MID-PRAIRIE 36: Haley Poula paced the Bears (3-1) with 14 points and 10 rebounds to win at home.
Haley Mullinix had 13 points and four steals, and Ashley Finnegan had nine points and eight rebounds for West Branch.
West Branch coach Jarod Tylee said Shannon Laing played well off the bench.
Alex Raft gave Mid-Prairie a spark off the bench with 16 points. Taylor Kurtz, who was out some of the game with foul trouble, had 13 points and 10 rebounds. Courtney Cayton had six rebounds, and Celia Hostetler had five rebounds.
* IOWA MENNONITE 47, WACO 32: IMS went into the fourth quarter up 33-28 before outscoring WACO 14-4 in the final period at home.
Riley Schmieder had 20 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks for IMS (2-2). Olivia Yutzy added 13 points, seven rebounds, five assists and four steals.
* WAPELLO 54, LONE TREE 43: Madelyn Flemr had 18 points and eight rebounds in Lone Tree’s loss at home.
Kennedi Warson chipped in 10 points and four rebounds for the Lions (2-3).