USA TODAY High School Sports Ultimate Athlete Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the USA TODAY High School Sports Ultimate Athlete Contest (the “Contest”) is open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) who are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry and who meet the qualifications defined below in Section 3. Employees and contractors of USA TODAY High School Sports and USA TODAY Sports Media Group (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., Asics, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How ToEnter. The Contest will begin on November 1, 2013 and end on December 22, 2013 (“Contest Period”). The submission process will begin on November 1, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) and end on November 22, 2013 at 4 p.m. (E.T.) (“Entry Period”). During the Entry Period, enter online by visiting www.usatodayhss.com/UltimateAthlete2013/submission/, tonominate a high school student athlete (of amateur status) who is between the ages of 13 and 18 at time of entry and a full-time student in good standing at a state-accredited public or private high school in the 50 United States or District of Columbia and who participate in high school sports, (“Nominee”) that you consider to be the “Ultimate Athlete”. Nominators may be the student, a parent or legal guardian, or the student’s coach (“Nominator”).
Completethe Entry Form with why you think the Nominee is the “Ultimate Athlete”, include Stats and Awards for the Nominee, all required information (Nominator’s name, email address, Nominee’s name, email, name of high school, sport, date of birth, and graduation year), the Nominee’s photo, and follow all posted instructions. Submit your entry by clicking “SUBMIT” button. Self-nominations are accepted. Each digital photo must be at the highest possible resolution and Nominator or Nominee must own the copyright to the photo submitted. Sponsor will accept the formats of jpeg or tiff. The parent’s or legal guardian’s consent will be required. All entries must be received by 4 p.m. on November 22, 2013. Only one entry per Nominee. All nominations and Entry Forms must be complete and contain accurate and correct information about the Nominee.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to contain fraudulent or inaccurate information, that infringes on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Nominators and Nominees acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. By enteringyou agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor.You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor.
Nominees and their parents or legal guardians are solely responsible for ensuring that the Nominee’s participation in the Contest is not in conflict with NCAA rules and restrictions and complies with high school athletic association/league rules and restrictions applicable to the student athlete’s eligibility to participate in high school sports in his or her State.
4. Regional Voting: Beginning at 12:00 p.m. (E.T.) November 26, 2013 and ending at 12:00 p.m. (E.T.) December 6th, 2013, all eligible voters may submit votes by going to http://contest.usatodayhss.com/UltimateAthlete2013/, select a Region and vote for one of the Nominees. The 2 Nominees that receive the highest number of eligible votes, in each region, at the end of the Regional Voting will advance to the Semi-final Voting. The next highest vote getters, as determined by Sponsor, no matter what region, will receive a wild card and advance to the Semifinal Voting Round. There will be  of Semi-finalists who will advance to the Semi-final Voting.
Semi-final Voting: Beginning at 12:00 p.m. (E.T.) December 9th, 2013 and ending at 12:00 p.m. (E.T.) December 16th, 2013, all eligible voters may submit votes by going to http://contest.usatodayhss.com/UltimateAthlete2013/ and voting for one of the Semi-finalists. The Semi-finalists that receive the highest amount of eligible votes, from each semi-finalist region (one per region), will advance to the National Voting. There will be  finalists who will advance to the National Voting.
National Voting: Beginning at 12:00 p.m. (E.T.) December 17th, 2013 and ending at 12:00 p.m. (E.T.) December 22nd, 2013, all eligible voters may submit votes by going to http://contest.usatodayhss.com/UltimateAthlete2013/ and voting for one of the Finalists. The Finalist that receives the highest amount of eligible votes from the National Voting will be crowned the Ultimate Athlete.
5. Prizes and Odds. The Ultimate Athlete will be featured in an article in USA TODAY and on USATODAY.com, will receive the Ultimate Athlete Trophy, and $100 worth of swag (Ultimate Athlete shirt, Asics backpack, Asics water bottle, Asics hat, Asics arm band, Asics duffle bag, Asics bands). [ARV: $250]. The USA TODAY article will be published on a date to be determined by USA TODAY. The Ultimate Athlete Trophy will be presented at to the winner at his/her high school on a date determined by Sponsor.
The Ultimate Athlete’s high school sports team will receive Asics warm-ups or training gears valued at $6,000 and the high school athletic department will receive a $1,000 donation. Total ARV: $7,350.
All finalists will receive $50 worth of Asics gear (Ultimate Athlete shirt, water bottle, Asics duffle bag, etc.) [ARV: $50]
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries and votes received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Ultimate Athlete winner will be notified on or about January 6, 2014 at theemail address or the phone number in the Winner’s entry form. The Ultimate Athlete winner’s team and high school will be notified on or about January 6, 2014. Sponsor will call during regular business hours and leave no message. Failure to reach Winner or return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor will coordinate delivery of the prizes to the Ultimate Athlete and his/her high school team and athletic department. To claim the prize, a valid photo identification for the Winner will be required. Winners and Finalists may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable, nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and a liability and publicity release which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, Nominees and Nominators agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised bya virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications, or inability to process and tally votes due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all entries or votes will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each Nominator and Nominee grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the Nominator’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each Nominator and Nominee further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor may require.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. USA TODAY High School Sports Ultimate Athlete Contest is sponsored by USA TODAY High School Sports. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available afterJanuary 15, 2013 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.usatodayhss.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Ultimate Athlete Contest,USA TODAY High School Sports, 100 Emerson Lane, Bridgeville, PA. 15017. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact David Scott at 304.217.2545 / email@example.com