Union rallied with a strong fourth quarter and defeated Monroe Central 47-44 on Saturday.
The Rockets outscored the Golden Bears 13-6 in the final eight minutes to erase a four-point deficit.
“We scored fairly quick in the fourth quarter and got ahead by seven or so,” Union coach Tom Zell said.
Neither team scored in the final 1:30.
DeAnn Kauffman led Union (1-1) with 18 points, and Rylee Davis added 13.
Lexi Hosier led Monroe Central with 11 points, while Mikaela McGrath added 10 and Morgan Engle had nine.
* Central 47, Frankton 34: Sophomore Jayla Scaife posted a double-double with 23 points and 17 rebounds to propel the Bearcats (2-0) to victory. Three other Bearcats scored five points. Jessica Rowe finished with five points and seven rebounds.
* Eastern Hancock 80, Southside 28: The Royals broke out to a 25-3 lead and cruised to a win against the Rebels in their opener. Alayz’a Wright and Hadessah Jackson each had eight points for Southside
* Wapahani 66, Alexandria 40: The Raiders held the Tigers to single digits in each of the first three quarters of a blowout win. Lindi Thomas poured in 26 points for Wapahani in its opener, while Kambrey Jolley chipped in 14.
* Tri 57, Burris 22: Burris fell in its season opener against Tri. Loganne Wertz led the Owls with six points. Cassidy Stow and Jia Jones each had five points for Burris. Each of the three players made a 3-pointer.
* Yorktown 64, Wes-Del 12: Yorktown won its season opener by beating host Wes-Del. Katie Wolfert led a balanced Tiger effort with 11 points. Six Tigers scored seven or more points. Kendra Saunders paced the Tigers in rebounds with seven. Katy Johnson and Leslie Sargent each grabbed six rebounds.
* Winchester 28, Shenandoah 24: Delaney Miller led the Golden Falcons with 13 points. Teammate Hayley Myers had a team-leading 12 rebounds.
* South Adams 54, Blackford 47 (OT): The Bruins (1-1) were led by the scoring duo of Lauren Godfrey and Maggie Weeks-Foy. Godfrey scored 25 points, including making six 3-pointers. She also grabbed a team-leading five rebounds. Weeks-Foy scored 16 points.
* Elwood 54, Delta 38: The Eagles fell to 0-2 with the road defeat.