1. Essex (8-2-1): Now rolling four lines, the Hornets take over the top spot for the first time this season. Essex, behind Steve Morse’s power-play goal and strong defense, knocked of South Burlington last week. Last week: 3.
2. South Burlington (8-2): With their eight-game winning streak over, the Rebels drop a spot this week. Last week: 1.
3. Champlain Valley (8-2-1): The youthful Redhawks — only four seniors on the roster — make the biggest move (and perhaps long overdue) up the rankings. They play Essex at home tonight. Last week: 6.
4. Rutland (8-1-2): The Raiders’ perfect start came to end last week, falling to Spaulding 5-2. Last week: 2.
5. North Country (9-2): The Falcons have won two straight, including a win over Colchester. Last week: 4.
6. Colchester (6-3-2): Since starting 3-0-2, the Lakers have altered a loss with a win in the month of January. Last week: 5.
7. U-32 (11-1): The Raiders have given up one goal or less in eight of their 11 wins. Last week: 8.
8. Spaulding (5-5-1): Wins over Rutland and BFA-St. Albans pushes the Tide into the top 10. Last week: Unranked.
9. BFA-St. Albans (4-6-1): Losses to Middlebury and Spaulding drop the Bobwhites a couple spots. Last week: 7.
10. Northfield (9-2-1): The Marauders’ winning streak hit nine games last week. Last week: 9.
Dropped out: Brattleboro (10-2)
Join the conversation and comment on this Varsity Insider blog post at