1. Essex (9-2-1): The Hornets have allowed just three goals in a 4-0-1 stretch. They play host to Spaulding today before traveling to Jay on Saturday to meet North Country. Last week: 1.
2. South Burlington (11-2): Plenty of offense lately for the Rebels, who tweaked their lines a couple weeks ago. Last week: 2.
3. Champlain Valley (8-2-3): If you haven’t yet, read Ted Ryan’s feature on Alex Bulla, a leading defensemen for a Redhawks squad that earned 1-1 ties with Essex and BFA-St. Albans last week. Last week: 3.
4. Colchester (8-3-2): The Lakers have 23 goals in a three-game winning streak. Are the Lakers hitting their stride, just like last year? Last week: 6.
5. North Country (10-2-1): The Falcons take on South Burlington and Essex, two of the week’s biggest games. Last week: 5.
6. U-32 (13-1): The Raiders lost their season opener to Burr and Burton. The rematch, as the Bennington Banner’s Austin Danforth previews on the newspaper’s blog, is set for today. Last week: 7.
7. BFA-St. Albans (5-6-2): The Bobwhites rolled over Rutland 7-0 before tying CVU 1-1 last week. Last week: 9.
8. Rutland (8-3-2): Back-to-back 7-0 defeats drop the Raiders in this week’s rankings. Last week: 4.
9. Burr and Burton (11-3): BBA is on a 10-game roll, a streak that continued with a big win over Brattleboro last week. Last week: Unranked.
10. Northfield (11-2-1): The Marauders have scored at least six goals in nine of their 11 wins. Last week: 10.
Dropped out: Spaulding (5-6-2)
To comment on this Varsity Insider blog post, visit: