1. St. Johnsbury (19-0): After spending much of the season cruising to double-digit victories, the Hilltoppers had to reach down in overtime to beat Rice on the road, then rally past Mount Mansfield at home. Last ranking: 1.
2. Rice Memorial (15-3): Although they lost to St. Johnsbury for the second time this season, the Green Knights showed they could not only hang with the Northeast Kingdom school, they also proved they have a shot at knocking them off. Last ranking: 2.
3. Vergennes (19-0): The Commodores continued their march to an undefeated season, dispatching Middlebury with a strong fourth quarter. Last ranking: 3.
4. Rutland (15-4): The Raiders dispatched Southern rivals Mount Anthony and Brattleboro for double-digit victories. Last ranking: 4.
5. Mount Mansfield (13-6): The Cougars nearly pushed their winning streak to four games – and nearly gave SJA its first defeat. Last ranking: 7.
6. Spaulding (13-6): The Tide have won four of five in the month of February. Last ranking: 6.
7. Essex (11-8): The Hornets rebounded from the loss at Spaulding with a 73-42 win over CVU. Tommy Carton is nearing 1,000 career points, too. Last ranking: 5.
8. Williamstown (19-0): The prolific Blue Devils have also been stingy defensively, holding teams under 40 points on seven occasions this season. Last ranking: 8.
9. BFA-St. Albans (12-7): The Bobwhites are 8-2 in their last 10 games. Their two losses? Both to Vergennes. Last ranking: 9.
10. Middlebury (14-5): A pair of Middlebury winning streak have been halted by Vergennes this season, including this past week’s matchup. Last ranking: 10.
Dropped out: None.
Bubble team: Burr and Burton (17-2)
To comment on this Varsity Insider blog post, visit: