The Vermont’s Principals’ Association announced its Hall of Fame class of 2013.
This year’s class, composed of 12 members who have excelled during athletic careers and made a difference among their peers and colleagues, will be inducted on May. 3 at the Capitol Plaza in Montpelier. Reservation information can be found at http://www.vpaonline.org or by contacting the VPA office at 802-229-0547.
* Steve Houghton, Burr and Burton Academy: Dedicated coach, athletic director, assistant headmaster and originator of VPA Hall of Fame.
* Tom Conte, St. Johnsbury Academy: VPA Committee Chair and longtime athletic director.
* Jasmyn Huntington, Oxbow girls basketball: Prolific scorer for the Olympians in the mid-1990s.
* Erin Sullivan, Mount Mansfield cross country: Accomplished runner as a state, regional and national champion.
* Oliver “Ollie” Dunlap, BFA-St. Albans football, baseball and track and field: Three-sport star who averaged 29.6 points per game during his All-American football career.
* Rory Grimes, St. Johnsbury basketball, track and soccer: Stellar point guard who averaged 21.5 points per game for his career.
* Denny Miles, Northfield: Served as a soccer official for 30 years, while umpiring in baseball and softball leagues.
Coaches and Directors
* Birger Visgens, Mount Anthony: Served student-athletes as a soccer and Nordic skiing coach.
* Vincent “Rollie” Guyette: Vergennes: Spent 30 years as coach, athletic director and mentor.
* Orrie Jay, Burlington: Legendary baseball coach who compiled a record of 323-94 in 29 years.
* Alan Plante: Mount Anthony: Coached baseball for 37 years and basketball for 39 years.
* Steve Ferreira, Essex: Leads Vermont in all-time wins for a baseball coach with 527 wins during a 43 year career.