* Year in school/sport: Senior guard on the boys basketball team.
* Highlights: Bearson scored 16 points, including his 1,000th career point, to lead Sartell to a 49-41 victory over St. Michael-Albertville on Friday.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “It’s taught me that you don’t always win, that you need to give it 100 percent and then some and hopefully everything will fall into place. You’ve got to not take things too personally. It comes down to enjoying it, too.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Definitely playing in the barn last year (at the state tournament in Williams Arena). The atmosphere was just too cool.”
* What’s your pre-game routine? “Hands down, it’s going to Subway.” He gets a ham and turkey with a double order of bacon.
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “Two years ago, I was handed the ball to take the game-winner at Albany. I was wide open. I threw up an air ball.”
* Favorite food: “Quality sushi.”
* Favorite movie: “Miracle.”
* Favorite TV show: “Prison Break.”
* Favorite Web site/video game: Twitter. He plays NHL ’14 on XBox 360.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “I’m probably not playing basketball. It’s more of where I end up.” His choices are North Dakota State for pharmaceuticals or the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, where his major is undecided.
* What’s next? Sartell (14-9) plays Tuesday at Willmar (18-6). Willmar won the first meeting, 78-66, but Bearson was out with a shoulder injury.
— Tom Elliott