Scott County High School extended its winning streak to 19 games, squeezing past Eastern 67-65 Tuesday night in boys’ high school basketball.
Trent Gilbert scored 19 points for the Cardinals (27-2), whose starters combined for 62 of Scott County’s points.
Eastern, which led 34-32 at the half, was outscored 21-12 in the third quarter.
“They had us down 10 points late. We closed it to three, but couldn’t quite get over the hump. That’s what good teams do, protect leads,” Eagles coach David Henley said. “Our kids showed a lot of grit.”
* Beth Haven 49, Shawnee 47: Austin Streble hit two free throws with 4 seconds remaining to give the Bearcats (9-14) the lead for good. Victor Billingslea had a game-high 25 points to lead Beth Haven. LaCari Edmonson and Andre Crittenden had 13 points each for the host Golden Eagles (7-15).
* DeSales 46, Shelby County 36: The Colts (18-7) defeated the host Rockets (13-14). Chase Shellman led DeSales with 11 points, while Kyler Dugle led Shelby County with eight points.
* Jeffersontown 76, Butler 67: Daniel Williams scored 28 points, Brandon Johnson added 19 and Brandon Marshall had 18 for the host Chargers (14-12). William Johnson scored 20 and Jeremiah Bell 14 for the visiting Bears (9-14).
* Christian Academy 90, Iroquois 87 (OT): Tony Colley scored 29 points to lead the host Centurions (11-14). Jalen Martin scored 23 for the Raiders (18-7). The teams went to overtime tied at 75, after being separated by a point at the end of the second and third quarters.
* Whitefield Academy 66, Portland Christian 42: The visiting Eagles (5-14) fell to the Wildcats (10-14), who were led by James Daily’s 22 points. Nathan Getzin had 14 points and 11 rebounds. Jacob Ryan scored 22 points for Portland Christian.
* Fern Creek 65, PRP 51: The Tigers (17-10) broke from a 26-26 tie at the half, outscoring the Panthers 22-11 in the third quarter at Fern Creek. Senior Shawn Best scored 21 points and had eight rebounds, five assists and four steals for the Tigers. Lamontray Harris scored 24 for the Panthers (21-6).
* Franklin County 76, North Oldham 57: Rylan Rowe scored 31 points as the visiting Flyers (13-10) cruised past the Mustangs (11-15). Ryan Schneider added 13 for Franklin County. Trevor Burton paced North Oldham with 24 points.
* Doss 76, Fairdale 66: Dujuanta Weaver and Montrell Little scored 24 points each as the visiting Dragons (18-6) beat the Bulldogs (9-17). Doss went on a 24-0 run in the third quarter before Fairdale scored. Caleb Longacre scored 25 points and Cory Thomas 22 for Fairdale.
* Western 73, Moore 47: Kittrell Withers, Patrick Moore and Carl Brown combined to score 43 of the Warriors’ 73 points in a win over the visiting Mustangs (2-23). Western is 13-8. Keonte Smith scored 23 points for Moore.
* Sayre 37, St. Francis 36 (OT): Justin Sanders hit a running go-ahead floater from the free-throw line with 20 seconds left in overtime to help the Spartans (17-9) nip the Wyverns (12-13). Kenneth Gray missed a two-point jump shot from the wing as time expired for St. Francis. In regulation, Greg Hamilton nailed a go-ahead 3-pointer to put St. Francis up by two. With 10 seconds left, Sanders hit a layup to send the game to overtime. Len Adams scored 12 for St. Francis.
* North Bullitt 69, Meade County 62: Ricky Dunnavon had a team-high 17 points as the Eagles (20-7) got past the Green Wave (8-18). Dominique Ellis had 16 points for North Bullitt. Josh Durbin had a game-high 21 points for Meade County.
* Male 54, Waggener 51: Brandon Horne scored 11 points and Peter Scott added 10 as the Bulldogs (13-13) slipped past the host Wildcats (14-8). Semaj Ingram scored 12 points and Tony Washington added 11 for Waggener.
* Central 71, Seneca 63: Brandon Johnson poured in 25 points and Daivon Thompson added 22 as the host Yellowjackets (8-16) beat the Redhawks (6-20). Chris Coffey paced Seneca with 17 points.
* Southern 70, Valley 50: Donquel Andrews and Josh Bardick led the Trojans (5-15) with 13 points apiece. Jacob Mills scored 22 points for the host Vikings (3-14).
* Manual 71, St. Xavier 54 : Dwayne Sutton poured in 26 points and Trey Boyd added 19 as the Crimsons (17-9) defeated the host Tigers (20-6). Ashanti Burgess paced St. Xavier with 16 points.
* Walden 68, Evangel 64: Jake Wunsch, Sean Dowling and Charles Thomas scored 17 points each as the Wolverines (8-16) slipped past the host Eagles (6-12). Matt Gabbard scored 24 points and Justin Smith 15 for Evangel.
* Woodford County 71, Bullitt East 69 : The Yellow Jackets (14-13) defeated the visiting Chargers (21-7). Rhett Troutman led Bullitt East with 15 points. Samuel Souers led Woodford County with 20 points.
* Bullitt Central 54, Thomas Nelson 53: Zack Humphrey stole the ball on the last possession to seal a win for the Cougars (16-7) over the Generals (14-10). Along with the steal Humphrey posted a game-high 18 points. Jacob Wampler also had 16 points for Bullitt Central. A.J. Youngman had 17 points for Thomas Nelson with Cameron Morgeson also contributing with 15 points.