Changes: Section VI Re-Alignment for 2014-2015 Football Season
– Last season, 9 teams comprised the League. Niagara Wheatfield and Williamsville North have moved up to AA. For 2014, there are two divisions: AA South (comprised of 6 teams) and AA North (which has 5 teams, including the Falcons and the Spartans.)
– Consists of two Leagues: A South (with 8 teams) and A North (also with 8 teams). South includes 4 City of Buffalo teams (South Park, Hutch Tech, East, McKinley; Riverside is in A North).
– Consists of 3 Leagues (compared to 2 in 2013.) Leagues are pretty much based on geographics/location – i.e. South (with 7 teams), Central (with 6 teams), and North (7 teams). Note: Eden and North Collins have merged for football. Also, Fredonia and Barker/Roy-Hart move up a class.
– Consists of 2 Leagues – South (6 teams) and North (6 teams). Maple Grove/Chautauqua Lake moves up a Class to C South. Cassadaga Valley and Falconer have merged football programs.
– Consists of one League with 9 teams. Class DD has been eliminated. Sherman has merged with Clymer for football. Franklinville/Ellicottville/West Valley have merged for football.
Note: Section VI has a total of 68 teams this season.
Courtesy: WNY HS Football Records and Facts
Courtesy Dick Gallagher 2014 Preseason