• Year in school/sport: Senior diver on the Tigers’ girls swimming and diving team.
• Highlights: Seehusen took first place in the Central Lakes Conference championships with a score of 400.85 and is undefeated all season.
• What has competing in athletics taught you? “It’s given me a lot of character. It’s taught me to be more calm in high-stress situations. It’s taught me to push through the pain.”
• What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Probably last year in our meet with Fergus Falls. They’re a very good team and it come down to the very last race, the 400 free relay. We won it and the energy the entire meet was just incredible. It was phenomenal.”
• What’s your pre-meet routine? “I have a couple of songs I jam out to every time, in my car and then with my headphones. I like to swim, play around in the water, take my mind off things. I’ve got to stay moving.”
• What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “The seam on my swimsuit ripped. It was time to go change.”
• Favorite food: Spaghetti.
• Favorite movie: “Anything from the Harry Potter series.”
• Favorite TV show: “The Office.”
• Favorite website/video game: Twitter, Instagram and Vine. She’s not a gamer.
• What are your post-high-school plans? Seehusen has verbally committed to Division I North Dakota in Grand Forks, where she will continue her diving career. She plans to major in aerospace.
• What’s next? The Tigers compete in the Section 8-2A championships Friday and Saturday at Elk River.
Swimming preliminaries begin at 5 p.m. Friday. Diving competition begins at noon Saturday. Swimming finals are at 4 p.m. Saturday.
Seehusen took seventh last year. The top four divers qualify for state. She said that five of the divers in front of her last year were seniors.
“I’m really excited about it,” she said.
To nominate someone, send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.