* Year in school/sport: Minnerath is a sophomore goaltender on the Sartell/Sauk Rapids girls hockey team.
* Highlights: Minnerath had 32 saves in 2-1 win over the St. Cloud Icebreakers on Friday at Bernick’s Arena to move into a first-place tie in the Central Lakes Conference.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “It’s taught me about being a part of a team and working to help your team, like a family.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Probably right now, I’d have to say beating St. Cloud. That was pretty awesome after they beat us at the beginning of the season.”
* What’s your pre-game routine? “I usually just hang out with my teammates and try to get focused. I have this little ball thing I throw around. It helps me get focused.” She said she also eats some Gatorade Chews.
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “In our first game against Rogers, I almost assisted on a goal for them. I accidentally passed the puck to their player. It didn’t go in, fortunately.”
* Favorite food: Pasta.
* Favorite movie: Catching Fire.
* Favorite TV show: “I can’t think of anything I watch.”
* Favorite Web site/video game: Twitter. She is not a gamer.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “Go to college. Beyond that, I really don’t know.”
* What’s next? Sartell/Sauk Rapids (8-1 Central Lakes, 13-3-3 overall) has an important conference game with Alexandria (4-4, 9-7-1) at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday at Bernick’s Arena in Sartell.
Sartell/Sauk Rapids won the first meeting, 5-0.
“Since then, they (the Cardinals) have been playing a lot better,” Minnerath said. “It should be a good game.
“It’s a conference game and they’ve improved a lot.”
— Tom Elliott