* Year in school/sport: Senior guard on the girls basketball team.
* Highlights: Ertl leads the Central Minnesota Conference in scoring (22.5 per game) and steals (4.83) and is second in assists (4.17), defensive rebounds, field goal percentage, three-point field goal percentage and three-pointers made.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “It’s taught me how to be a team player and how to deal with myself in bad situations, not that I didn’t, and how to deal with others in those situations.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Probably the Eden Valley game this year. They had a 22-game (conference) winning streak. It was a lot of fun. We had to be perfect and we were almost perfect.” Holdingford beat Eden Valley-Watkins 62-56.
* What’s your pre-game routine? “I try not to think about it too much, not let my nerves get the best of me. I talk to my teammates, tell them, ‘hey, it’s just another game.’ I listen to music. And then when it’s time to go, it’s time to go. I get my game face on.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “I have a ton of them. It was probably in eighth grade. We had a game against Pierz at home and I wasn’t ready to play in the first half, but I got in. The ball was passed to me and I was so wired that I forgot to dribble and just ran with the ball. People won’t let me forget that.”
* Favorite food: Chicken Alfredo.
* Favorite movie: The Heat.
* Favorite TV show: Duck Dynasty.
* Favorite Web site/video game: “I don’t know.” She’s not a gamer, either.
* What are your post-high-school plans? Ertl is headed to Mayville (N.D.) State on a basketball scholarship. She’s planning on majoring in biology and getting a secondary education degree with the hopes of teaching and coaching.
* What’s next? Holdingford (13-3) has a nonconference home game with Royalton (4-7) on Tuesday, then returns to Central Minnesota Conference play against Maple Lake (3-9) at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Holdingford.
— Tom Elliott