The 2014-2015 high school basketball season begins Dec. 19 and there are plenty of players that will be worth watching this season in the Shore Conference. Today, the Asbury Park Press will begin a new, weekly Q&A series with one of the Shore Conference’s best basketball players. The opening week Q & A is with St. John Vianney junior guard Kelly Campbell.
Get to know Campbell by viewing her Asbury Park Press player profile below
Name: Kelly Campbell
School: St. John Vianney
1) How did you get your start in basketball?
KC: Since I was very little I was always in the gym because all my older sisters played basketball, and whenever they had tournaments, I was always there.
2) Who is/are the role model (s) you look up to and how have they had an effect on you?
KC: I have always looked up to my sisters. They have been great role models to me on and off the court, and now they are my biggest supporters.
3) What is the best piece of advice you have received?
KC: The best advice I have received is to work hard no matter who is watching.
4) Who do you model your game after and why?
KC: When I was younger I loved Alana Beard from Duke, and since then have tried to style my play after her.
5) If you could have anything fall from the sky, what would it be and why?
KC: A cure for cancer because it affects so many people.
6) What’s something people don’t know about you?
KC: I’m obsessed with One Tree Hill.
7) In three years I hope to be….
KC: Playing college basketball.
8) What’s your favorite part about playing high school basketball?
KC: The competitive atmosphere.
9) What are some of the things we can expect from yourself and your team this season?
KC: We have a very tough schedule this year so expect to see some high intensity games, lots of pressure, and team basketball.