Ilona Maher’s strong performance at the foul line led to 16 points and helped No. 10 Burlington eliminate seventh-seeded BFA-St. Albans 44-38 in a Division I high school girls basketball playdowns Tuesday night.
Maher made 10 of 13 from the foul line while Breanna Pidgeon tossed in 11 points for the Seahorses (14-7)
Lauren Larose lead the Comets (13-8) with 11 points.
* (3) Milton 41, (14) Hartford 38: Selena Patterson dumped in 14 points and host Milton outlasted Hartford despite a 9-for-31 effort from the foul line.
Paige Johnson chipped in 10 points for the Yellowjackets.
Hartford’s Taylor Johnson scored 11 points in the back-and-forth affair.
* (7) Randolph 55, (10) Springfield 50 (OT): Exploding for 17 points in the fourth quarter and nine more in overtime, host Randolph fended off Springfield’s upset bid.
Mariah Rilling paced the Galloping Ghosts (11-9) with 18 points, going 8-of-9 at the free throw line. Brittany Lafreniere added 15 points and Mikaela Farmer 10.
Chelsea McAllister pumped in 33 points to lead the Cosmos (8-12).
* (4) BFA-Fairfax 46, (13) Harwood 28: Chace Carpenter and Mikalya Sullivan combined to score 33 points and host BFA-Fairfax ran out to a big first-half lead in knocking off Harwood.
Fairfax improved to 16-5.
Caitlyn Marino had 10 points to lead Harwood.
* (5) Lamoille 46, (12) Lyndon 31: A strong defense and Kylie Aither’s 22 points paved the way for host Lamoille’s win over Lyndon.
Jammie Lafontain tallied 10 points for Lamoille (12-9), which led 30-21 at the break.
Lyndon’s Rylie Nichols scored 10 points.
* (6) Lake Region 81, (11) Vergennes 41: Tyrah Urie poured in 16 of her 22 points in the first half to power host Lake Region past Vergennes.
Megan Menard added 15 points and Emily Lawson tossed in 10 for Lake Region, which made 33 field goals.
Nikki Salley paced Vergennes with 16 points.
* (9) Hazen 56, (8) Winooski 45: Jordan Manning registered 17 points and visiting Hazen topped defending-champion Winooski.
Kagan Beachum netted 16 points for Hazen, which sank seven 3-pointers.
Winooski’s Amanda Nattress put in 16 points.
* (4) Enosburg 41, (13) Northfield 29: Emilee Bose tallied 19 points as host Enosburg used a 21-7 halftime edge to drop Northfield.
Chloe Longe chipped in a dozen points for the 17-4 Hornets. For Northfield, Rhiannon Page scored 15 points.
* (1) Thetford 72, (16) Stowe 46: Top-seeded Thetford outscored Stowe 30-12 in the third quarter to build a commanding lead and cruise to victory.
Ella Chapman tallied 15 points and 10 rebounds, and Michaela Pomeroy had 15 points and five steals to lead the Panthers (19-1). Jill Clark chipped in with 11 points.
Ashley Raymond paced the Raiders (5-16) with 14 points.
* (9) Chelsea 37, (8) Blue Mountain 31: Sydnie Allen scored 10 points and visiting Chelsea used a 10-5 fourth-quarter edge to pull out the win over Blue Mountain.
Jordan Farquharson and Torie Peters each scored 10 for Blue Mountain.
* (6) Danville 44, (11) Twinfield 34: Britani Buck powered host Danville with 18 points and 13 rebounds in the playdown win over Twinfield.
Danville made all eight of its free throws in the final 90 seconds to seal the victory.
Emma Lord paced Twinfield with 10 points.