In a game to determine the top seed in the Lake Division playoffs, Middlebury snagged a 5-2 victory over Burr and Burton in high school girls hockey on Wednesday night.
Timi Carone had two goals and two assists, Sara Boe chipped in with two goals and Harper Smith added a score for Middlebury (16-3-1).
Aggie Bisselle scored twice for Burr and Burton (15-3-2).
Baily Ryan earned the win for the Tigers with 11 saves, while Kaylie Benson made 22 stops.
* BFA-St. Albans 5, Harwood 2: Aliza Ellis popped in two goals and host BFA-St. Albans completed the regular season with a 15-3-2 record.
Taylor Jackson, Emma Hill and Riley Yandow also scored and Chelsea Ellis recorded two assists for BFA.
Kaitlyn Martin (goal, assist) and Madison Woodard tallied for Harwood.
* North Country 4, Rutland 0: Whitney Bernier scored three goals, all in the first period, to lead North Country to a win over Rutland in the final game of the regular season.
Savannah Alberghini-Giroux also scored for the Falcons (12-7-1). Rutland finishes at 7-11-2.
* Essex 4, Champlain Valley-South Burlington 1: Kathleen Young had a hand in every Essex goal, scoring three and assisting on the fourth as the Hornets clipped Champlain Valley-South Burlington.
Melanie Theriault had a goal and an assist, while Sarah Tobey and Alex Celia added two assists for Essex (15-1-4). Victoria Gibson stopped 15 shots.
Julia Finnegan scored the lone marker for the Rebel Hawks (9-9-2) and Courtney Peyko had 36 saves.
* Stowe 2, Rice 0: Katie Stames and Emma Fitzgerald lit the lamp for Stowe as it shut out visiting Rice.
Rory Hauser set up Fitzgerald’s tally, while Stames scored unassisted for the Raiders (10-10). Pau Raunio stopped 28 shots for Rice (9-11).
* Spaulding 5, Colchester 2: Spaulding got a four-goal night from Jessica Scott, plus a goal and three assists from Julia Ormsby, as it beat host Colchester.
Grace Hickey and Jensen Hamblett tallied for the Lakers (11-7-1) and Erica Hoffman had 12 saves.
Morgan Gosselin had 23 saves for the 12-5-2 Crimson Tide.
* Essex 0, Champlain Valley 0: Host Essex held Metro Division-leader Champlain Valley to a scoreless draw in both teams’ season finale.
Erik Short had 26 saves for the Hornets (13-5-1) and Greg Talbert finished with 19 saves for the Redhawks (17-1-2).
* BFA-St. Albans 4, Rice 0: Sean Hengemuhle worked a 22-save shutout and Carl Laroe tallied twice to send BFA-St. Albans past visiting Rice.
Matt Needleman and Danny Rocheleau also scored for the Bobwhites, who finish the regular season at 13-5-2.
Evan Chagnon had 38 saves for the Green Knights (2-17-1).
* Colchester 5, Spaulding 2: Matty Cuce scored the first two goals and Colby Blondin followed with two more as host Colchester built a 4-0 lead to knock off Spaulding.
Jared Rylant added the Lakers’ (13-7) fifth goal in the third period. Brad Romco and Logan Safford tallied in the final stanza for the Crimson Tide (3-13-4).
Erik Swan had 27 saves for Colchester. Spaulding’s Cody Gosselin and Brad Ferland combined for 29 saves.
* Mount Mansfield 5, Harwood 3: Mount Mansfield erased a 3-1 deficit with a four-goal third period as it toppled host Harwood.
David Rosales scored twice to spark the Mount Mansfield rally. Ben Hoar (two assists), Travis Benson and Brady Blow also scored. Ty Delphia struck twice for the Highlanders and Adam Lamson added a goal and two assists.
Joe Airoldi finished with 13 saves for the Cougars (15-5), while Elliot Emberley stopped 39 shots for the Highlanders.
* North Country 7, Rutland 2: Exploding for five goals in the second period, North Country broke free of a 1-1 tie to sink visiting Rutland (8-11-1).
Ryan Paul and Ross Delabruere each tallied twice for the Falcons (12-7-1).
* Missisquoi 4, Peoples 1: Four players found the back of the net for Missisquoi in its victory over Peoples.
Collin Beyor (one assist), Jake Hubbard, Skyler Blaney and Morgan Rainville each scored for the Thunderbirds (7-13).
* Hartford 3, Woodstock 2: Ben Rouillard’s second goal of the night came 1:24 into overtime as Hartford slipped past Woodstock.
Andrew Atkinson added a goal for the Hurricanes (13-5-2) and Mak Lyford had 26 saves.
Connor Joyce and Will Gault eahc scored for the Wasps (14-4-2).
* Middlebury 65, Mount Abraham 50: Oakley Gordon dialed up 22 points, going 8-for-8 from the free throw line, and Bobby Ritter added 15 to fuel Middlebury’s victory against host Mount Abraham.
Sawyer Kamman powered the Eagles with 19 points and Mark Jipner chipped in with 10.
* Enosburg 48, Winooski 40 (OT): Calvin Carter tossed in a game-high 19 points and Enosburg went on a 10-2 run in overtime to outlast host Winooski.
Eric Savoy added 12 points and Cam Caforia 10 for the Hornets (12-7). Eddy Lamson and Austin Mayo led the Spartans (13-6) with nine apiece.
* BFA-Fairfax 74, Richford 28: Four players reached double figures to lead BFA-Fairfax to a win over visiting Richford.
Cam Place led the way with 18 points, Jud Veren added 15 points, Clay Gerke knocked down 13 and Brandon Dunn chipped in with 12 for the Bullets (16-3).
Brett McAllister had 11 points for Richford (4-15).
* Danville 61, Peoples 53: Kyle Johnson poured in 30 points to go along with 12 rebounds while Eric Remick chipped in with 13 points in host Danville’s win over Peoples.
Matt Allen paced the Wolves with 15 points. The Indians improve to 15-3.
* Lake Region 71, Stowe 47: Dennis Newland pumped in a game-high 18 points to help Lake Region cruise past host Stowe.
Clint Provoncha added 15 for the Rangers (15-4).
The Raiders (8-12) got 15 points from John Levesque 15.
* Randolph 53, Oxbow 46: Ross Caswell’s 14 points paced three Randolph players in double figures as the Galloping Ghosts trimmed visiting Oxbow.
Brandon Keyes added 13 and Levi West 10 for Randolph (17-2).
Matthew Thomson led the Olympians (5-14) with 11.