Jud Veren connected for a game-high 21 points to help deliver head coach Glen Button his 200th career victory as BFA-Fairfax cruised past host Stowe, 60-25, in boys high school basketball Monday.
Cam Place contributed 13 points for BFA-Fairfax, which climbed to 15-3 on the season.
Petey Walsh’s eight points led Stowe (7-11).
* North Country 61, Spaulding 58: Tyler Jenne’s shooting in the closing minute helped North Country hang on to beat visiting Spaulding.
Collin Myrick (13 points) and Matthew Duncan (10 points) were the leading scorers for North Country (7-12), while Jenne sealed the win at the free throw line.
Troy Evans scored 18 points to pace Spaulding (6-13).
* BFA-St. Albans 50, Vergennes 34: BFA-St. Albans ended the game on a 22-6 run to take care of host Vergennes.
Michael Murray and Shawn Humphrey tallied 12 points apiece for BFA-St. Albans (8-10), while Ryan Connor added 10 points.
Liam Hayes (10 points) had the hot hand for Vergennes (8-10).
* Randolph 62, U-32 37: Visiting Randolph took advantage of the absence of U-32 senior Ryan Booth (hip flexor) to run away with a win in the second half.
Ross Caswell hit for 18 points to lead Randolph (16-2), which also got 10 points from Nathan Gray.
Freshman Gus Obeldobel started in place of Booth and led U-32 (14-4) with 11 points.
* Lake Region 62, Winooski 43: Alex Beauregard poured in 19 points and Dennis Newland was close behind with 18 points to fuel Lake Region’s road win over Winooski.
Lake Region (14-4) opened the game with a 17-8 run and carried a 12-point lead into halftime.
Austin Mayo scored 16 points to pace Winooski (13-5).
* Middlebury 57, Missiquoi 34: Visiting Middlebury used a 20-6 run in the third quarter to blow open a two-point game at the half and beat Missiquoi.
Bryce Burrell (11 points) and Oakley Gordon (10 points) led the way for Middlebury (9-9).
Tyler Cooper led Missiquoi (4-14) with nine points.
* Lyndon 62, Thetford 43: Host Lyndon hammered out a 20-11 run in the second quarter, then held Thetford to three total points in the fourth on its way to victory.
Axerre Ntbana had a monster night for Lyndon (14-4), racking up 36 points and 15 rebounds. Teammate Mason Lantz chipped in 12 points.
Thetford (8-10) was led by Jordan Eastman (17 points).
* Oxbow 47, Montpelier 35: Oxbow scored nine of the game’s first 13 points to build toward a home win over Montpelier.
Jonny Ratel (13 points) and Matt Thomson (nine points) were the offensive leaders for Oxbow (5-13).
Montpelier (3-15) got a game-high 17 points from Cody Therrien.
* Enosburg 63, Hazen 49: Enosburg opened the game with a 19-8 run and stayed steady to top Hazen.
Eric Savoy (23 points) and Calvin Carter (20 points) paved the way for Enosburg (11-7), which also got 12 points from Cam Caforia.
Hazen (7-11) was paced by Devon Whipple’s 15 points.
* Essex 5, Missisquoi 2: Essex scored three goals to Missisquoi’s two in third-period flurry as the Hornets pulled out the home win.
Kathleen Young scored twice, while Mackenzie Burnett, Alex Celia (assist) and Sarah Tobey (assist) also tallied for 14-1-4 Essex. Melanie Theriault handed out three assists.
Amanda Conger and Olivia Thayer had MVU’s goals.
Vika Simons (eight saves) and Lindsay Hallowell (four) were in net for Essex. MVU’s Hannah Bockus turned away 29 shots.
* Rice 5, Brattleboro 2: Haleigh Byrnes’ two-goal, one-assist performance helped Rice skate past visiting Brattleboro.
Clare Sheehan, Caroline Provost and Dempsey Cronan also scored for Rice, which got two assists from Morgan Sleeman and six saves from Pau Raunio.
Madison Doucette and Meyru Bhanti scored and Alex Fellows made 30 saves for Brattleboro.
* Northfield 8, Mount Mansfield 2: Kristen Dukette potted four goals — including the game-winner at the 2:59 mark of the second period — to help lift Northfield over Mount Mansfield.
Claudia Gee notched two goals and two assists for Northfield (15-3-2), which also got single tallies from Lindsey Bergeron and Libby Start and 14 saves from Markie Delude.
Molly Burke and Tatum Main scored and Fiona Dulude stopped 48 shots for MMU.