COLCHESTER – Asmin Mostarlic, Josh Hale and Lukas Jope provided unbeatable offensive balance with 11 points apiece as Burlington took care of host Colchester 58-38 in high school boys basketball action Monday.
Burlington (1-1) hammered out a 35-19 lead by halftime.
Colchester (1-2) got within 13 points late in the third quarter, but could get no closer.
Erik Lagerquist’s 10 points were the team-high for Colchester.
• Vergennes 45, South Burlington 41: Liam Hayes’ steal and layup with less than a minute remaining helped Vergennes escape with a slim victory over visiting South Burlington.
Hayes (21 points) was the high scorer in a tight game with no lead larger than five points.
Aaron Gaines added eight points for Vergennes (3-0).
Jeremy Clements, Eddie Hockenberry and Tyler Ayers each scored seven points for SBHS (2-2).
• Mount Mansfield 90, BFA-St. Albans 59: Visiting Mount Mansfield opened the game with a 25-11 run and didn’t look back against BFA-St. Albans.
The unbeaten Cougars (3-0) were led offensively by 32 points from Kyle Adams.
Alec Eschholz chipped in 14 points for MMU, which held a 47-28 lead at the half.
BFA-St. Albans (1-2) was paced by Anthony Clark (16 points), while Shawn Humphrey and Matt Sanders contributed 10 points apiece.
• Danville 53, Blue Mountain 46: Coleton Loura-Bumps scored nine of his game-high 15 points in the decisive fourth quarter of Danville’s victory over visiting Blue Mountain.
Travis Grosse chalked up eight points for Danville, which led by a single point (34-33) heading into the final frame.
Blue Mountain’s leading scorers were Brendan Winchester (11 points) and Josh Kinne (10 points).
• North Country 54, Lyndon 51: Matt Duncan connected on a long shot at the buzzer to deliver a thrilling victory for North Country over host Lyndon.
The win was the first of the season for North Country (1-1).
Lyndon dropped to 1-1 with the defeat.
• Milton 36, Montpelier 31: Kaitlyn Brouard dropped in 12 of her game-high 18 points from the charity stripe to push Milton to a road win over Montpelier.
Lauren Juenker added six points for Milton, which evened its record at 1-1 on the season.
Laura Smith (13 points) had the hot hand for Montpelier (0-2).
• BFA-Fairfax 40, Twinfield 29: Chace Carpenter notched 14 points and host BFA-Fairfax overcame cold shooting to take control in the second half in the win over Twinfield.
Sam King and Mikalya Sullivan each added eight points and Meghan Domina corralled 11 rebounds for the Bullets.
Shannon Carlson led Twinfield with 12 points.
• Thetford 54, Windsor 42: Undefeated Thetford erased a five-point deficit in the second quarter to beat Windsor in non-league action for the second time in 10 days.
Trailing 15-10 after the first quarter, Thetford (3-0) used a 16-8 run to pull ahead for good. The Wolves’ leading scorers were Michaela Pomeroy (15 points) and Nelly Junesand (12 points). Pomeroy also contributed six rebounds and five assists.
The offense for Windsor (1-2) was led by Maddie Morse (17 points) and Ashley Wilcox (14 points).
• Lyndon 67, Hazen 36: Shaylan Mosher scored a team-high 11 points to help power Lydon past Hazen.
Lyndon’s Taylor Cushman connected for 10 points as the Vikings climbed to 2-1 on the season.
Becca Whipple (13 points) and Paxton LaFoe (11 points) were the leading scorers for Hazen (0-2).
• Lake Region 48, Lamoille 38: Katie Menard went 5-of-6 from the free throw line down the stretch to help Lake Region hold off visiting Lamoille.
Menard’s 10 points served as a nice counter-punch to Tyrah Urie’s 16 points for Lake Region (2-0).
Emily Peck hit for a game-high 21 points for Lamoille (2-1).
• Burr and Burton 65, Springfield 62: Chelsea McAllister caught fire to the tune of 38 points, but it wasn’t enough to get Springfield past Burr and Burton.
Maggie Oliver (14 points) and Jess Finnagan (12 points) led the way for BBA.