Welcome to the Virtual Pep Rally page for the La Salle Lancer football team’s Division II Ohio state championship game at 8 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 5, at Ohio Stadium against Nordonia.
While updating this page throughout the week with new information as it comes available, Cincinnati.com also will run a feed (below) through “Cover it Live” that corresponds with the #LRD hashtag on Twitter. We would like to ask any Lancer football fan – including students and fans from other schools who hope to wish their neighbors well – to take photos of themselves holding signs of well wishes and encouragement to the athletes and staff. (Example at left.)
The athletes themselves are encouraged to do the same – tweet a photo of themselves holding signs of thanks to moms, dads, grandparents, fans and community businesses who supported them this year. Just add #LRD to the tweet and it will show up in the feed. It’s probable these images will be used in other capacities within Enquirer Media – including the Northwest Press, Western Hills Press and Hilltop Press.
* La Salle will hold a community celebration commemorating the season 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, in the La Salle gymnasium.
* Tickets to the Ohio State Division II Championship game are $10 in the La Salle Spirit Shop at the school, 3091 North Bend Road, Green Township. Hours for the Spirit Shop this week are:
Wednesday – 7:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
Thursday – 7:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday – 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Credit cards are accepted.
Tickets are also available through Ticketmaster and at the gate, but La Salle High School will receive no benefit financially from tickets purchased this way and the tickets will not be guaranteed to be in the La Salle cheering section.
Student section reserved seats will be sold through the athletic office. Tickets also are $10.
Children 2 and under are admitted free but must sit on a parent’s or guardian’s lap.
* The La Salle Championship Ticket Tour will be out and about again this week. Round 3 for the tour will be Thursday, Dec. 4, with stops around the city. The schedule:
• 7-7:45 a.m. – Harrison Pharmacy and Wellness Center, Center Ring Road at New Haven Road exit off Interstate 74, Harrison
• 8:15-8:45 a.m. – Kroger and Rave Cinema parking lot on Harrison Road, Dent
• 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – At Fountain Square downtown.
• 1:15-1:45 p.m. – Carlo & Johnny’s on Montgomery Road, Montgomery
• 2:30-3:15 p.m. – Rave Cinema parking lot on Union Center Boulevard, West Chester
• 3:45-4:15 p.m. – Northgate Mall parking lot
• 4:45-5:30 p.m. – Kroger parking lot at Cheviot and North Bend road, Monfort Heights
Fans will be able to buy Championship Game tickets at each stop on the tour.
* The community had a bonfire 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 3, at Haubner Field, 3649 Whiteoak Drive. Head football coach Nate Moore spoke.
Championship game tickets were sold at the bonfire, along with tickets to the La Salle Sports Stag scheduled for Jan. 21.
* The football team will be sent off after an all-school Mass at 11:15 a.m. Friday, Dec. 5, in the school’s gym. The Mass is open to the public.
Please plan to arrive between 10:45 and 11 a.m. for the Mass, with entrance through the main lobby. Plan to park off campus, with parking prohibited on Edalbert Drive.
Immediately following the Mass, a send-off for the Lancer football team will be in front of the building. If you do not wish to attend Mass but want to attend the send-off, assemble in the grass in front of the school.
Please park off site for the send-off.
The buses will leave from in front of the school and will travel along North Bend Road to a right on Cheviot Road, to Blue Rock Road to Interstate 275.
* In Columbus, the tailgate area for La Salle will be in the veterinary parking lot, west of Ohio Stadium, across the Olentangy River. Parking is $5 at the stadium. Address of lot: 1920 Coffee Road.
Tailgate activities are sponsored by the La Salle Alumni Association and WLSN, the La Salle Network.
* If you cannot attend the Championship Game, listen to all of the action on WLSN Radio Class X 88.9 and 91.3 on FM
Links to stay connected throughout Championship Week:
• www.lasallehs.net – check the main page news feed for updated information.
• Facebook – Cincinnatilasalle; wlsnradio; barrettcohen; and La Salle alumni
• Twitter – @lasallepride; @wlsnradio; @barrett_cohen; @lasallealumni
* In addition, follow Adam Baum’s Instagram account – @AdamJBaum – as he chronicles the Lancers’ week and game with photos of fans, volunteers, alumni, tailgaters and more. Mike Dyer (@mikedyer on Twitter) will continue his usually stellar coverage throughout the week and provide game coverage Friday night. Photographer Tony Tribble will be on hand, as well, to capture the moment.
Links to recent stories
Support a special ingredient for Larkin’s success (Dec. 3): Story
La Salle football team ranked No. 18 nationally (Dec. 1): Blog
La Salle cruises past Olentangy to state final (Nov. 28): Story and video
A case for Jeremy Larkin as Ohio Mr. Football (Nov. 29): Story