St. Clair Jr. Golf Tournament Aug. 11
The seventh annual St. Clair Junior Golf Tournament will be Aug. 11 at Pine Shores Golf Course in St. Clair. The tournament is open to boys and girls ages 7-16. Cost is $10, which includes a free practice round. It is open to the first 85 golfers. Forms can be downloaded at http://www.scjrgolf.com.
College recruiting forum at Cros-Lex
National keynote speaker and recruiting expert Jack Renkens is scheduled to speak Aug. 18 at Croswell-Lexington High School. Renkens, a former high school and college coach, will speak on Recruiting Realities. High school student-athletes serious about continuing to play sports in college — and their parents — are encouraged to attend, as Renkens will clarify recruiting myths and provide tips to parents and students about taking their high school athletics to the next level. Admission is free. For more information, contact Rick Jakacki email@example.com.
Lexington 5K/mile fun run on Aug. 9
The Lexington 5K and Mile Fun Run will be Aug. 9. Pre-registration is due by Aug. 2, and cost is $20. Pre-registrants will be guaranteed a shirt. Race-day registration begins at 7:30 a.m. at the Lexington Lions Hall, and the cost is $25. Cost for the Mile Fun Run without a shirt is $3. For information, call Lisa Shaw at (810) 359-3379.
Blue Water Attack 10U holding tryouts
The Blue Water Attack 10-and-under team is holding tryouts at 6 p.m. on July 27 and 31 at St. Clair Middle School. The team will play in two winter tournaments and five spring tournaments. For information, contact coach Anthony Bloink at (810) 300-4283 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Big Reds Cheer Camp will be today at Huron Physical Arts Center, 1006 Military St., in Port Huron. The camp is for kids in grades K-6, and runs from 1-4 p.m. Cost is $30, which includes stunting, tumbling and a cheer routine. T-Shirts will be available for $5. For information, call (810) 956-7498.
SC4 offering summer sports camps
St. Clair County Community College is offering the following youth sports camps. For information on a camp, visit http://www.sc4.edu/sportscamps or call (810) 989-5670.
* Boys Baseball: Runs 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday. Open to boys entering grades 3-12.
* Girls Basketball: Two camps run Monday through Thursday. One camp runs 9-11 a.m. for girls entering grades 4-6. A second camp runs noon to 2:30 p.m. for girls entering grades 7-12.
Marlette Sportsmen holding events
The Marlette Sportsmen Association is holding the following events in the spring and summer.
* Four-week hunter education classes, which will be held each Monday through December at the association (4260 White Creek Road, Kingston). Classes run from 6:30-9:30 p.m., with the first class of each month beginning at 6 p.m. for registration. Cost is $10. For information, contact John Stockdale at (810) 537-2329.
* The association will hold a sight-in day and open house from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sept. 13.