* Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 1083, will sponsor a golf outing and pig roast July 26 at Belle River Golf Club in Memphis. Registration will be at 8 a.m. with golf beginning at 9 a.m. and the pig roast to follow at the American Legion Post 525 in Smith’s Creek. Cost is $65 or $55 for golf only, and includes a hot dog and beverage at the turn. For information, contact Gerry Fraley at (810) 434-5492.
* The St. Martins Pilots 30th Anniversary Community Golf Outing will be Aug. 1 at Rattle Run Golf Course in St. Clair Township. There will be a shotgun start at 1:15 p.m. Cost is $75, which includes a steak dinner. Proceeds from the outing benefit the Marine City Fire Dept., the Marine City Scholarship Fund, the Marine City Old Newsboys and St. Martins church. For information, contact Bill Welser at (810) 765-6499, Tony Meldrum at (810) 278-6215 or Warren Koch at (810) 765-5382.
* The 13th annual Justin L. Evans Memorial Golf Tournament will be Aug. 2 at Leaning Tree Golf Club in Wales Township. There will be a 9 a.m. shotgun start in the four-person scramble, and dinner is at 2:30 p.m. Cost is $90 per person, and includes beverages, a continental breakfast, a hot dog and chips at the turn, and dinner.
Proceeds benefit the JLEMF Memorial Fund, which donates six $1,000 scholarships to local high school graduates.
* The 34th annual Mercy-Chafty Memorial Golf Outing will be Aug. 11 at Port Huron Golf Club. Registration is at 11:30 a.m., with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost is $160 and includes lunch, dinner and an open driving range.
Proceeds will benefit the Peoples’ Clinic for Better Health (co-sponsored by St. Joseph Mercy Port Huron and the St. Clair County Medical Society) and the Mercy Regional Cancer Center.
* The 18th annual SONS Golf Classic will be held Aug. 15 at the Port Huron Elks. There will be a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. For information, call (810) 989-7667 or email email@example.com.
* The fifth annual St. Paul’s Lutheran Church golf outing will be Aug. 16 at Cedar Glen Golf Club in New Baltimore. There will be a shotgun start at 9 a.m.. Cost is $70 per golfer, which includes a continental breakfast, drink tickets and a buffet dinner. Cost is $50 for hole sponsorships.
For information, contact Bonnie at (586) 634-0233, Wayne at (586) 344-7644, the church office at (810) 765-4808 or visit http://www.stpaulscasco.com.
* The fourth annual Port Huron Police Dept. Fall Golf Outing will be Aug. 22 at the Port Huron Elks. The range will open at 7:30 a.m. and will be followed by a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $50 and includes lunch at the turn.
To register, send a check made payable to Port Huron Police Dept. Honor Guard at Port Huron Police c/o Chief Mike Reaves; 100 McMorran Blvd.; Port Huron, MI 48060. Money must be received by Aug. 13, and the event will be capped at 120 golfers.
* Marlette Regional Hospital will hold its sixth annual Driving for Health Golf Scramble on Sept. 3 at Holly Meadows in Capac. Cost is $90 per individual, $350 for a registered foursome or $400 for a corporate foursome. The cost includes coffee and refreshments in the morning, hot dogs for lunch, two complimentary beverage tickets and a steak dinner.
Proceeds from the event will help fund a renovation project for the long-term care unit at the hospital. For information, call (989) 635-4045 or visit http://www.marletteregionalhospital.org.