The high school basketball season will resume in Kentucky on Friday, and several of the state’s top teams will be compete in the Traditional Bank Holiday Classic at Lexington Catholic.
The 21-team field includes nine squads ranked in the Top 25 of The Courier-Journal’s preseason poll of coaches — No. 1 Trinity, No. 8 Covington Catholic, No. 12 Henry Clay, No. 15 Lexington Catholic, No. 16 Bullitt East, No. 20 Perry County Central, No. 21 Henderson County, No. 24 Manual and No. 25 Apollo.
Male, Oldham County and Central also will represent the Louisville area in the tournament that will run through Tuesday, with the championship game set for 7 p.m.
Trinity will open play at 6 p.m. Saturday against the winner of Friday’s game between Aiken (Ohio) and Oldham County.
Here’s a look at where other Louisville-area teams are headed over the next few days (all times EST):
* No. 13 Pleasure Ridge Park will play in the Wellstar Lake City Classic in Acworth, Ga. The event is set for Saturday-Tuesday (7 p.m. final).
* No. 19 Eastern will host the City of Middletown Holiday Classic, set for Monday-Wednesday (3:30 p.m. final). Fern Creek, Collins, Moore and Jeffersontown also are in the field.
* No. 2 Ballard will travel to Nashville, Tenn., for the Next Level Hoops Fest at Christ Presbyterian. The tournament is set for Monday-Wednesday (7 p.m. final).
* South Oldham will host the Coach Bob Classic, running Friday-Sunday (8 p.m. final). North Oldham also is in the field.
* DeSales, Seneca and Atherton will compete in the Henry County Invitational set for Monday-Wednesday (2:30 p.m. final).
* Christian Academy, Bullitt Central and Holy Cross will travel to the Nelson County Classic, a round-robin event set for Monday-Wednesday.
* No. 10 Doss will join No. 14 Bowling Green and No. 18 Bardstown in the Meijer Holiday Classic at Bowling Green. The event is set for Monday-Wednesday (5:30 p.m. final).
* Fairdale will travel to Panama City, Fla., for the Bay Barnstorm Classic running Friday-Monday (7:30 p.m. final).
* Butler, Valley and Shawnee will join No. 5 Hopkinsville and No. 22 Warren Central in the 16-team field for the Lake Cumberland Holiday Hoops Classic in Somerset, Ky. The event will run Saturday-Tuesday (8:30 p.m. final).
* St. Xavier will travel to Naples, Fla., for the Gulfshore Holiday Hoopfest, running Saturday-Tuesday (7:30 p.m. final).
* Spencer County will play in the Daytona Beach (Fla.) Sunshine Classic, running Saturday-Tuesday (6 p.m. final).
* Iroquois and Collegiate will join No. 11 Holmes in the Lloyd Memorial Invitational set for Saturday-Tuesday (8 p.m. final).
* Waggener will travel to Pensacola, Fla., for the Crusader Christmas Classic, set for Saturday-Tuesday (7:30 p.m. final).
* North Bullitt will play in the First Southern National Bank Christmas Classic in Russellville, set for Monday and Tuesday (7:30 p.m. final at Logan County).
* Western will play in the Joe Machens Great 8 Classic in Jefferson City, Mo. The event will run Saturday-Monday (9 p.m. final).
* Walden will play in the Jim Hurst Holiday Classic at Trimble County, a round-robin event set for Monday and Tuesday.
* The Beth Haven Holiday Classic is a round-robin event set for Friday and Saturday. Brown and Portland Christian also are in the event.
* The Kentucky Country Day Holiday Classic is a round-robin event set for Friday-Sunday. Southern and Atherton also are in the field.
* Shelby County will play in the South Central Bank/Halton Classic at Allen County-Scottsville, a round-robin event set for Monday-Wednesday.
* No. 2 Butler will travel to Cincinnati for the Girl Powher Showcase, a round-robin event set for Friday-Sunday.
* No. 7 Mercy will head to San Diego for the So. Cal. Holiday Prep Classic set for Friday-Tuesday (9:30 p.m. final).
* No. 6 Manual and Pleasure Ridge Park will represent Louisville in the Mercer County/Titan Christmas Clash set for Saturday-Tuesday (7:30 p.m. final).
* The Kentucky Country Day Holiday Classic will run Friday-Sunday. Atherton also is in the round-robin event.
* No. 12 Bullitt East head to Springfield, Mo., for the Pink and White Lady Classic running Saturday-Wednesday (1:30 p.m. final).
* No. 14 Male and North Bullitt will head to Charleston, S.C., for the Carolina Invitational, running Saturday-Tuesday. Male will compete in the Island Division (2 p.m. final Monday), and North Bullitt is in the Palmetto Division (2 p.m. final Tuesday).
* Brown will play Saturday in the round-robin Hart County Classic.
* Christian Academy and Central will join No. 8-ranked host Allen County-Scottsville in the South Central Bank-Halton Classic. The event will run Monday-Wednesday (4:15 p.m. final).
* Doss, Oldham County, Presentation and Moore will compete in the Salt River Electric Holiday Classic at Spencer County, running Monday-Wednesday (3 p.m. final).
* Bullitt Central will join No. 23 Highlands in the Larosa’s Holiday Classic at Conner, running Monday-Wednesday (2 p.m. final).
* North Oldham and Collins will play in the North American Stainless Tournament at Gallatin County, running Monday-Wednesday (3:15 p.m. final).
* No. 18 Ballard will join South Oldham, Waggener, Shelby County and Shawnee in the Community Trust Bank Invitational at Western Hills, set for Monday-Wednesday (3:30 p.m. final).
* The Southern Jamboree, a round-robin event set for Monday-Wednesday, also will include Atherton, Eastern, Fern Creek, Valley and Holy Cross.