Maddawg or Maddie
Sport Madison competes in
Madison, who was named an All-Fox River Classic Conference second team selection this week, had 12 points in the Golden Raiders’ 51-32 regional semifinal home win over Sheboygan South on Friday and had 18 points with 11 rebounds in a 45-36 home regional final win on Saturday against Green Bay Southwest.
All-time team sports achievement
Winning the FRCC and regionals this year.
All-time individual achievement
Make the US Junior Nationals Girls Basketball All-Star Team multiple times last summer for AAU.
No. 1 athletic goal
Coach Eric Spielman’s thoughts
“I think Madison has really taken a huge step forward from last year. Last year, she certainly had some success, but I think I’ve seen a real maturity in her drive and desire to get better. I think she has improved many, many aspects of her game, and I think that’s been a huge part of our improvement and success this year.”
“It’s definitely been a great season. We’re undefeated still so it’s been really good. The team is really working together hard in practices and we’re just a really close team which has helped lead to our success. … We worked exceptionally hard in the offseason and regular season, which our record shows. We have great team chemistry and have become more than a team, we’re a family.”
* Sport: Basketball
* Pro/college athlete: UConn basketball player Breanna Stewart
* Pro/college team: University of North Carolina
* Musical artist or group: Jason Derulo
* Song of all time: “Letting Go” by Lupe Fiasco
* TV show: “SportsCenter”
* Movie: “Frozen”
* Class: Sports Literature
* Food: My Dad’s homemade buffalo chicken pizza
* Saying or piece of advice: “Winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder and give more than anyone else.” — Vince Lombardi
* Hobby: Playing basketball
What if …
* You could be any celebrity on earth for a week. Who would it be? WNBA player Elena Delle Donne
* You could listen to a song minutes before the biggest athletic event of your life to get you hyped. What would it be? “We Own It” by Wiz Khalifa
* You could meet one famous person, a non-athlete, who would it be? Jason Derulo
* Who inspires you most? My parents
* What is your dream vacation destination? Paris
* Who’s the toughest opponent you have ever faced? Divine Holy Savior Angels player Arike Ogunbowale
* What’s your No. 1 pet peeve? When people don’t try in sports.
* What do you want to do for a living? Play professionally overseas or be a sports marketer.
* Why are sports important to you? They teach me to always work hard/stay humble, be disciplined and how to be a team player.
* Which Facebook friend has the most interesting status updates and best photos? Pete Barth
* What’s your strength as a person? Being unselfish.
* What do you still need to work on? My procrastination.
* Do you have any pre-game
rituals? Listening to my pregame playlist.
* Top person you follow, or would follow, on Twitter? @LakNation