From Raiders coach Ann Marie Nee: This year, the proceeds of our Scarsdale tournament will go to Autism Speaks. Blue will be the color of the day as we promote awareness of this worthy, and for some of the girls, personal cause. Below is the list of teams participating. We will have 20 teams participating, which is the largest field we have ever had. They will be on five courts for pool play and then seeded for playoffs in four divisions.
(Editor’s note: I will put this post back at the top of the blog on Friday so it is still fresh in everyone’s minds. I will also use this post for any and all recap/results information.)
Times and format
• Coaches Meeting will be at 8:45 a.m. next to the entrance to the main gym.
• Pool play will begin at 9 a.m. sharp and consist of two, 21-point games. (Score sheets and flip score will start at 4-4 and continue to 25 points.) Games are win-by-two and cap at 30 points.
• All teams advance to playoffs.
• Seeding for playoffs will be based on the following order: win-loss record, head-to-head, point differential, coin toss.
• Teams will be seeded Nos. 1-20 for playoffs. Teams 1-5 will be in the gold championship division and teams ranked 6-10 will be in the silver division. Teams ranked 11-15 will be in the bronze division and teams ranked 16-20 will be in the blue division.
• Playoffs will be one-25 point game between the two lowest ranked teams in the pool, followed by two out of three games for the semifinals and finals, with the deciding matches to 15 points, if necessary.
• Please supply two line-judges, a flip scorer, and a tally-scorer. There are free substitutions, but all subs (including libero subs) should be legal. We are on the honor system. Please respect the game.
• During playoffs, losing teams must stay and work the following match.
• Prior to your first match of the day, each team will have a 6 minute warm-up. This includes serving. After that, there will be 3 minutes each for warm-ups. You may warm-up outside, but please do not play volleyball in the hallways or next to courts that have games in progress. Please be ready to play! This will help keep the tournament moving.
Pool A: Edgemont, Francis Lewis, White Plains, Valhalla
Pool B: Nanuet, Blind Brook, Maria Regina, Archbishop Molloy
Pool C: Scarsdale B, Keio, Tappan Zee, Brewster
Pool D: Horace Greeley, Scarsdale A, Irvington, Mahopac
Pool E: Eastchester, New Rochelle, Carmel, Dobbs Ferry
Pool play schedule
Play Work Off
1 vs. 3 2 4
2 vs. 3 4 1
1 vs. 4 2 3
1 vs. 2 4 3
2 vs. 4 3 1
3 vs. 4 1 2
Playoffs (for all divisions)
• Quarterfinal matches will be one game to 25 points.
• Semifinal matches and championship will be three games: 25-25-15.
Game 1: No. 4 seed vs. No. 5 seed
Game 2: No. 2 seed vs. No. 3 seed
Game 3: Game 1 winner vs. No. 1 seed
Championship: Game 2 winner vs. Game 3 winner
Photo credit: The Journal News