CENTRAL VS. BELFRY
• Kickoff: Noon EST.
• Records: Central 10-4, Belfry 12-2.
• Litkenhous Ratings: Central 97.5 (No. 5 in Class 3-A); Belfry 106.0 (No. 20 overall, No. 1 in Class 3-A).
• Jason Frakes’ pick: Belfry 16-13. I picked the Pirates to win it all before the playoffs started, though I didn’t know they’d have to face their nemesis in the final.
DESALES VS. NEWPORT CENTRAL CATHOLIC
• Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. EST.
• Records: DeSales 13-1, Newport Central Catholic 8-5.
• Litkenhous Ratings: DeSales 105.4 (No. 2 in Class 2-A); Newport Central Catholic 90.3 (No. 9 in Class 2-A).
• Jason Frakes’ pick: DeSales 24-14. The Colts’ defense has been stout all season and should be able to contain Thoroughbreds running back Jacob Smith. Make it two in a row for the South End.
GRAVES COUNTY VS. PULASKI COUNTY
• Kickoff: 7 p.m. EST.
• Records: Graves County 11-3, Pulaski County 12-2.
• Litkenhous Ratings: Graves County 103.9 (No. 4 in Class 5-A); Pulaski County 111.1 (No. 12 overall, No. 2 in Class 5-A).
• Whom to watch: Graves County senior running back Cody Crider is the state’s leading rusher with 2,566 yards this season. Senior Heath Wiggins, who has committed to Western Kentucky, leads the Eagles with 81 tackles. Pulaski County quarterback Riley Hall is only a junior and already has passed for 7,215 yards and 77 touchdowns in his career. Sophomore Jake Johnson (73 catches, 1,197 yards, 11 touchdowns) is the Maroon’s top receiver.
• Jason Frakes’ pick: Graves County 21-14. Probably the toughest pick of the weekend. If it rains, that could hamper Pulaski County’s passing game. Give it to the Eagles, with Crider scoring a late touchdown to win it.
Single-game tickets will be available at the gate for $11 (general admission). Children 6 and under will be admitted for free. Parking is available for $10 and $5, depending on proximity to the stadium. Fans are encouraged to use the complimentary Park and Ride Service from the Campbell Lane Lot on Friday. Busses leave approximately every 8 minutes. Park and Ride Service will be available from the Adams Street, Kentucky Street and Center Street parking lots Friday evening and all day Saturday.
ON THE WEB
Live audio and video streaming of all six championship games will be available at khsaa.tv. Also follow Jason Frakes on Twitter (@kyhighs) and courier-journal.com for updates.