• Coach: Nevil Barr (256-114 in 31 seasons, 14th season at Oak Grove)
• Buzz: Warriors lost 17 starters from last year’s team that captured the school’s first football state title. This season is the first time in 14 years that Nevil Barr doesn’t know who will be the Warriors’ starting quarterback heading into the season. Dandy Dozen athlete Cameron Myers, the likely quarterback starter, and standout wide receiver Jordan Duncan will lead the offense and are just two of three starters back. Myers, along with defensive back J.C. Keys, will lead the defense.
Players to watch
• Cameron Myers, ATH, Sr.: The Mississippi State commit and Dandy Dozen member had 50 receptions for 834 yards with 11 touchdowns and also had three interceptions.
• Jordan Duncan, WR, Jr.: One of the state’s top receivers for the Class of 2016 recorded 65 catches for 926 yards with 10 touchdowns. Duncan holds offers from Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Alabama, Tennessee and North Carolina.
• J.C. Keys, DB, Sr.: One of just two starters back on defense. Keys recorded 48 tackles and had two interceptions, including one that sealed the state title for Oak Grove.
• Oct. 24 vs. Brandon: The Bulldogs were the only team that prevented the Warriors from having a perfect season by defeating them 42-23. Brandon forced two turnovers, sacked Kirk McCarty seven times and allowed Oak Grove to gain only 201 yards of total offense.
What are they saying?
• “Had 13 players sign to play college ball. We have a inexperienced team, but a talented team and we are coming out and (playing) hard every Friday night.” — Barr
— Brandon Shields
High School writer