By: Araceli Colmenero, St. Michael’s Catholic Academy yearbook staff member and Senior (’15)
Audrey Capelo is a cheerleader at St. Michael’s Catholic Academy. She is a four-year member of the cheer team and captain of the cheer team. One of her fellow classmates interviewed her recently about memories as a cheerleader and her biggest influence.
- When did you start cheering?
I started cheering in middle school at Saint Louis Catholic School.
- What is your favorite thing about cheering?
My favorite thing is being able to be a big participant during football games.
- What do you do when you are not cheering?
I write a lot because I hope to be an author one day.
- Who has been the biggest influence on you as a cheerleader?
Megan Kraft, my old cheerleading coach, has been my biggest influence. She always pushed me to be my best.
- What is it like to be on the cheer team at Saint Michael’s?
It is challenging but rewarding.
- What is your biggest strength as a cheerleader?
I am captain so I think my leadership skills are my biggest strength.
- What game are you looking forward to the most the rest of the cheer season?
I am looking forward to our playoff game and the basketball season in general.
- Do you have any pre-game rituals before cheering at games?
I always give the girls a pep talk before the games.
- What will you miss most about cheering at Saint Michael’s?
I will miss cheering on Friday nights and pumping up the student section.