After a light schedule last week, there isn’t a ton of moving and shaking in the Friday Night Frenzy power rankings. The Butler Bulldogs remain atop the weekly poll, while Providence Day makes a huge leap into the top five. Berry Academy is the week’s biggest loser, dropping from fourth to number 15. As always, your feedback is welcomed and encouraged! Email us at email@example.com.
- Butler (15-2): The Bulldogs defeated Porter Ridge 76-58 last Friday. The Bulldogs are working hard to change the culture around Butler basketball. So far, so good in 2014-15.
- Ardrey Kell (14-1): The Knights had little trouble bouncing the surging Berry Academy Cardinals on Friday. Ardrey Kell gets a chance for a de facto two game lead with a trip to Charlotte Catholic this week.
- Providence Day (14-4): Winners of the first #FNFrenzy Game of the Week in 2015, Providence Day is red hot following a dominant win over Cannon. The Chargers visit Charlotte Latin on Friday.
- Weddington (13-2): The Warriors used a big performance from AJ Fulp and Jordan Barber to top Marvin Ridge. They’ll need another game like that to win at Anson County on Friday.
- North Meck: (14-1): The Vikings didn’t let a home loss to Robinson beat them twice. North Meck pounded Vance in preparation for a showdown with Luke Maye and the Hough Huskies.
- West Charlotte (11-2): Nakia Rivers had a big night for the Lions in a 80-56 throttling of Hough. West Charlotte’s talent may be unmatched in the city. The only question is can they keep it together for a state title run?
- Olympic (13-2): Malik Constantine and Damari Parris combined for 30 in the Trojans’ 63-60 win over South Meck. Olympic hosts Harding in the #FNFrenzy Game of the Week Friday night.
- Hickory (11-1): 11 wins in a row for the Red Tornadoes, including a 57-55 thriller over rival St. Stephens. Hickory now sits atop the Northwestern Conference. Hickory hosts Watauga on Friday.
- East Lincoln (8-0): The Mustangs ran Maiden out of the gym last Friday, winning by 40. Sage Surratt’s 27 points were a game-high for the unbeaten Mustangs.
- Jay M. Robinson (11-3): Lavar Batts scored 27 points in a 67-66 win over Hopewell Friday. The Bulldogs’ youth has been a blessing and a curse at times this year, but they are learning to win games the hard way, something Lavar Batts, Sr. and staff have harped on for weeks.
- Crest (11-3): Crest crushed Burns by 30 Friday. The Chargers host archrival Shelby in a big-time battle on Thursday night.
- Ashbrook (11-1): Ashbrook is tied with Lake Norman Charter in the Big South. The two will battle for conference surpremacy at the Lake on Friday night.
- Hough (11-4): The Huskies took one on the chin against West Charlotte Friday. As long as Luke Maye is on the floor, you can never count Hough out of any game.
- Hickory Ridge (12-3): The Bulls were upset at West Rowan on Friday. The schedule doesn’t get any easier for Robert Machado’s team, with a home date against Concord Friday before visiting Cox Mill on Tuesday for the Ambassador Hand-picked Game of the Week.
- Berry Academy (11-4): A disappointing loss at Ardrey Kell put a screeching halt to Berry’s seven-game winning streak. They’ll try to start a new streak at West Meck on Friday.
First five teams not ranked: Charlotte Catholic, Albemarle, Davidson Day, Lincolnton, Harding University.
- To view last week’s rankings, click here.