The American Family Insurance ALL-USA Green Bay Press-Gazette boys basketball team rankings, players of the week and games to watch.
Area power rankings
1. De Pere (0-0): The Redbirds have won at least a share of the last six Fox River Classic Conference titles and have three starters back.
2. Seymour (1-0): The defending Bay Conference champions started the season with a 69-46 win over Manitowoc Roncalli on Saturday. The team will be led by its eight seniors.
3. Southern Door (1-0): The Packerland Conference champions have three returning starters, including star point guard Mitchell Gerend.
4. Bay Port (0-1): Started the season with a 65-56 loss at Appleton West but will be a top contender in the FRCC.
5. West De Pere (1-0): The Phantoms beat Little Chute 78-60 in a season-opener. There isn’t much varsity experience left for a team that lost four starters, but they still have talent. They also have senior guard Luke Pannier back after he tore an anterior cruciate ligament last season.
6. Luxemburg-Casco (0-0): The Spartans finished third behind Seymour and West De Pere in the Bay last season, but they are aiming to win it all as a new member of the North Eastern Conference. Have a talented team led by Bemidji State recruit Jake Zeitler.
7. Ashwaubenon (0-0): The Jaguars will get their first look at life without former standout Kyle Monroe when Ashwaubenon hosts Kaukauna on Tuesday. They still have two quality starters back in Turner Wittig and Zak Imig.
8. Wrightstown (0-0): The Tigers were set to start their season against Chilton on Monday. They should be one of the top teams in the NEC this season.
9. Algoma (0-0): The Wolves have 6-foot-3 Alex Dellis back to help run things, but the team will need to find consistent scoring.
10. Shawano (0-2): David Ambrosius is the new coach for the Hawks after previously serving as an assistant, but the expectations remain high for a team that has won two straight regional championships. Have to rebound from two straight losses to Hortonville and Wisconsin Rapids at the JAG Shootout last weekend.
Players of the week
Luke Pannier, West De Pere: Scored 21 points and hit five 3-pointers to lead the Phantoms to a 78-60 win over Little Chute.
Jakob Jarvey, Oconto: Scored a game-high 23 points in a 93-55 win over Crivitz.
Michael Wesolowski, Seymour: Scored a game-high 23 points in a 69-46 win over Roncalli.
Derik LeCaptain, Southern Door: Scored 22 points in a 75-73 win over Two Rivers.
Mitchell Gerend, Southern Door: Had 21 points, five assists and four rebounds against Two Rivers.
Games to watch
Kaukauna at Ashwaubenon, Tuesday: The Jaguars will get a good test right away against the top-ranked team in Division 2.
Neenah at Bay Port, Tuesday: The Pirates will go up against a Neenah team that was in the D1 title game in 2014 and has a new coach in Lee Rabas.
Sheboygan South at De Pere, Friday: The Redbirds start their Fox River Classic Conference title defense against what appears to be an improved Redwings team.