Top Central Indiana high school performances from the past week:
• Center Grove won both the boys’ and girls’ Johnson County track championships. The second-ranked Trojans boys got victories from Grant Stapelton in the 800- and 1,600-meter runs and a key leg of the 3,200-meter relay team to earn CG’s 17th consecutive title. The 15th-ranked girls got individual wins by sprinter Olivia Rassell (200 and 400) and winning legs from her in the 400 and 1,600 relays, helping the team to its 12th straight county crown.
• Brady Cherry of Lapel (9-1) pitched the Bulldogs past Frankton with a 15-strikeout complete game, and was 3-for-5 in two games with a triple, home run and six RBIs in a pair of victories.
• Class 4A No. 3 New Palestine won four softball games behind hot-hitting Adie Lorsung (10-for-14, three homers, a double, 14 RBIs) and Issy Hoyt, 8-for-13, three homers, 12 RBIs).
• Ryan Ward shot a 37 to win medalist honors and led Cathedral to a three-way win over Carmel and Zionsville, with the Irish prevailing on a better fifth-man’s score.
• Maeve Koscielski of Cathedral notched back-to-back tennis triumphs over Alex Jamison of Floyd Central and Emma Snider of Delta, both top-20 teams, in victories for the No. 3 Irish.