Top high school performances by Central Indiana athletes over the past week:
• In baseball, Justin Martin of Mooresville was 5-for-5 at the plate with two doubles and a triple, leading the Pioneers to a 21-5 win over Greenwood Christian.
• In softball, Monica Carter of Avon was 4-of-5 with two doubles and three RBIS in a 4-3 10-inning win over Brownsburg and 3-for-4 with a key run to help nip Plainfield 2-1, giving the Orioles the Hendricks County Tournament championship.
• In boys’ golf, Andrew Wood of Zionsville shot a 67 to win the Bishop Chatard Invitational medalist race and lead the Eagles to a 15-stroke victory over Cathedral and the rest of the field for the team title.
• In boys’ lacrosse, Blaine Wilson of Guerin Catholic had three goals and five assists to lead the Golden Eagles to a 14-5 win over North Central.
• In girls’ tennis, Morgan Bettner of Brownsburg notched three victories at No. 1 singles to help the Bulldogs win their own invitational. Bettner had wins over her counterparts from Western Boone, Columbus East and Harrison (West Lafayette), losing just six games in her three matches.
• In boys’ track, Hari Sathyamurthy of Brownsburg won the boys’ mile event in the Flashes Showcase event at Franklin Central. Sathyamurthy outpaced state cross country champion Ben Veatch of Carmel to win the race.
• In girls’ track, Taylor Nicholson of Avon overtook Carmel’s Haley Harris to win the girls’ mile in the Franklin Central event.