Denny Bentley drove in the go-ahead run and pitched the final three innings as the Williamstown High School baseball team outlasted Highland, 2-1, in eight innings on Wednesday in a Tri-County Conference game.
Billy Jackson forced extra innings with a two-out RBI in the bottom of the seventh.
• Gloucester 18, Salem 0: Steve Massaro had three hits and drove in four runs while Justin Reichart and Robert Girgenti each added three RBIs as the Lions cruised over the Rams. John Lindenborn threw a two-hitter over five frames.
• Cumberland 9, Schalick 1: Michael Foytik tossed a two-hitter and had nine strikeouts and had three RBIs to lead the Colts past the Cougars. Kyle Daddario had three hits and two runs and Hunter Jackson drove in two runs and scored two runs.
• Delsea 10, Glassboro 0: Greg Avis tripled and doubled and plated three runners while Dalton Burns had 10 punchouts and allowed just two hits as the Crusaders dispatched the Bulldogs. Tom Carney added two RBIs in the win. Mike Maldonado notched his 100th career hit for the Bulldogs.
• Clearview 12, Hammonton 1: Drew Ryback gave up two hits and struck out seven and Tim Dezzi went 3-for-3 with two RBIs as the Pioneers coasted past the Blue Devils.
• Shawnee 6, Timber Creek 4: Sean Heslin hit a home run and knocked in three as the Renegades rallied from a 3-0 deficit to record a win over the Chargers. Jake Miller struck out six and was the winning pitcher while Dean Austin earned the save. Ethan Blasko drove in three runs in the loss.
• Camden Catholic 9, Lenape 8: Shawn Stone hit a walk-off, two-run home run in the seventh to cap an Irish comeback win. Stone also had two doubles and a single for the Camden Catholic, which had trailed 5-0 after two innings. Ryan Shuts reached base five times and drove in two runs for the Indians.
• Winslow 8, Cherry Hill West 4: Darnell Maisonet had three hits, including a home run, to power the Eagles over the Lions. William Lintner scattered six hits to earn the win. Jack Goan homered in the loss.
• Bishop Eustace 7, Washington Twp. 2: Nick Browne drove in four runs, including a pair with a homer, and Tyler Phillips twirled six strong frames for his fifth win of the season to power the Crusaders.
• No. Burlington 4, Burlington Twp. 1: Mike Cottrell struck out five and didn’t allow an earned run to lead the victory.
• Collingswood 7, Sterling 0: Lucas Rollins struck out four and didn’t issue any walks and also had three hits with a run scored to spark the Panthers over the Silver Knights. Shortstop Ray Taylor played excellent defense.
• Millville 22, Bridgeton 0 :Sam Hampton had a memory that will probably last a lifetime as he hit a home run during the Thunderbolts’ victory over the Bulldogs in a game that was played at Doubleday Field in Cooperstown, N.Y. Justin Hovis hit a triple and Nate Eigenmann and Dom Pinero doubled for the Bolts. Kyle Pierce was the winning pitcher.
• ACIT 2, Cedar Creek 1: Matt Marmaro hit a two-run double in the sixth inning as ACIT rallied for the win. Chris Sieg pitched a complete game to earn the win. Ryan Leyva went 2-for-3 for the Pirates.
• Lower Cape May 13, Cape May Tech 5: Eric Gross had two triples and a double and was the winning pitcher.
• Burlington City 9, Penns Grove 2: Charles Fryar went 3-for-3 with a three-run homer and six RBIs as the Blue Devils beat the Red Devils. Nick Gares carried a no-hitter into the fifth, tossed a complete game and fanned six. Nate Mathis had three hits, an RBI and scored two runs.
• Westtown 6, Moorestown Friends 3: Luke Bianco hit a two-run double but that was about all the Foxes could muster against Westtown starter Kevin Henriksen, who struck out 16.