Maciej Borowik, Dylan Pepperman and Thomas Gillin registered goals to lift the Cherokee High School boys’ soccer team to a thrilling 3-2 overtime win at Bishop Eustace in a battle of unbeatens on Wednesday.
The Chiefs improved to 2-0-1 on the season while the Crusaders fell to 2-1-1.
Sam Gray and Andrew Pietrangelo notched a goal each for Bishop Eustace.
•Washington Twp. 2, Eastern 1: George Charalabidis and Marc Murgo found the net for the Minutemen, who move to 2-0-1 on the season. The Vikings’ (1-2) goal was scored by Diego Valle. All three goals came in the second half.
• Shawnee 2, Timber Creek 1 (OT): Pietro Gambino scored the game-winning goal in the sixth minute of overtime for the Renegades. Caleb Longshaw opened the scoring for Shawnee in the 10th minute. Chris Morales scored the equalizer for the Chargers with 10 minutes left in regulation.
• Cherry Hill West 2, Seneca 0: Nick Krake and Brandon Bond tallied a goal each for the Lions with assists from Joseph Poole and Ishmael Boakai, respectively.
• Paul VI 6, Lenape 2: Ji Park led the Eagles with four goals, while Bobby Fitzgerald and Jack Stewart added a goal apiece. Both Indians goals were scored by Andrew Lipski.
• Triton 4, GCIT 0: Shane Hartey led the way for the Mustangs with three goals and Xavier Wilson opened the scoring in the first half. Hartey notched his natural hat trick in the second half
• Gloucester Catholic 1, Wildwood 0: The Rams’ Chris Kain scored the lone goal of the game and D.J. Matsinger had four saves for the shutout.
• Glassboro 2, Deptford 1: Sefa Gocmez and Sinan Tuzcu each scored for the Bulldogs while Conor Harkins recorded the Spartans goal.
• Clayton 4, Gloucester 1: Fernando Marinero, Blaise Smith, Tyler Westenberger and Mahir Yilmaz all tallied scores for the Clippers. Justin Ly recorded the goal for the Lions.
• Woodstown 2, Cumberland 0: Geoff Schaefer tallied both goals for the Wolverines, who improved to 3-0 on the season. Cumberland goalkeeper Tommy Perotti recorded 13 saves while Andrew Horner stopped four shots for Woodstown.
• Schalick 4, Penns Grove 0: Kevin Ferari led the Cougars with two goals, while Michael D’Orio and Dan Farrell tallied one apiece. Schalick goalkeeper Chris Lenahan made six saves and Penns Grove goalkeeper Justin Pharo had 10.
• Williamstown 1, Clearview 0: Christian Coffey scored the lone goal of the contest. Hunter Wroniuk made four saves for the Braves and Pioneers goalkeeper Jared Simmerman recorded five.
- Ocean City 1, Oakcrest 0: Dylan Pittman had the winning goal for the Red Raiders.
- Mainland 5, Bridgeton 0: Victor Figueroa and John McLaughlin each had two goals and Sam Watt rounded out the scoring for the Mustangs.
- Camden Catholic 8, Woodrow Wilson 1: Jay Lee led the Fighting Irish with three goals. Kyle Cooney and Antonio Spinosi had two goals apiece and Liam Santry added a goal for Camden Catholic.
HALL OF FAME
• The Sterling High School Athletics Hall of Fame has announced its Class of 2015 to be inducted on Oct. 25 at The Palace Caterers. The inductees are: 1963 football team, 1976 boys’ soccer team and the 2001 girls’ basketball team along with John Fox, Joe Russo, Mike Kelly, Arthur Ellis, Fred Cooper, Chris Baker, John Sauer, Mark Manchio, Steve Wyland, Matt Sheehan and Amanda Farley Rambo. The event will be held from 1-5 p.m. Tickets are $45 for adults and $15 for kids (12-and-under) and can be purchased at Sterling High School between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday-Friday. For more information, contact Julia Haughwout at (856) 784-1333 ext. 4100 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org