Matt Walls scored the golden goal in the first overtime period as Holy Cross High School eased past Northern Burlington 3-2 on Thursday in a Burlington County League boys’ soccer game.
Walls slotted home the game winner off a header from John Takan following a corner kick.
The Lancers held a 2-1 lead on a pair of goals by Matt Shaddow until Deon Bullard Jr. put in the equalizer with four minutes remaining in regulation for Northern Burlington, ranked No. 15 in the Courier Post Mean 15.
• Rancocas Valley 1, Delran 1 (2 OT): The No. 6 Red Devils took a 1-0 lead 22-minutes into the game as senior Matt Hannan finished a pass from John Weeast. The unranked Bears leveled the score ten minutes later when Mike Strohlein buried the ball into the net from 18 yards out, off a corner kick. Dylan Mohan had seven saves, including a diving stop in overtime for the Red Devils (7-1-2) while Delran’s Kevin Robinson turned away 12 shots.
• Burlington City 5, Riverside 3: Francis Kanu booted in three goals and assisted on another while Osman Cakir added a goal and an assist for the host Blue Devils.
• Bordentown 5, Maple Shade 0: The No. 4 Scotties were powered by a hat trick from Matt Horner and a goal and two assists by Adam Bijou. Dino Gromitsaris had five saves in picking up the shutout over the visiting Wildcats.
• Westampton Tech 6, Willingboro 2: Eren Ozturk and Isaias Rodriquez both popped in a pair of goals to lead the winners.
• Pemberton 5, Trenton Catholic 1: The host Hornets (5-5) cruised as Tiernan Johnson had a goal and a pair of assists while Cedric Konan and Johnny Hall each had a goal and an assist.
• Palmyra 2, Medford Tech 0: Damien Jennings and Brett Maute each scored first-half goals for the visiting Panthers.
• Cinnaminson 5, Pennsauken 2: Pat McCarthy found the back of the net twice and Mason Stepnowski chipped in with a goal and an assist for the No. 11 Pirates.
• Lindenwold 2, Audubon 1: Jesus Cardenas and Oumar Sylla each netted a goal to pace the Lions.
• Seneca 5, Winslow 0: The Golden Eagles soared behind a pair of goals from Cody Cassie and two assists each from Sean Barnard and Sean Heins.
• Woodstown 4, Penns Grove 2: Drew Sorbello was involved in all the scoring for the host Wolverines, scoring a goal and assisting on the other three. Dylan Varner scored and assisted on Sorbello’s goal.
• Burlington Twp. 1, Ocean City 1 (2OT): The visiting Falcons leveled the score in the second half on a goal from Jacob Beebe, assisted by Tyler Lipsack. Ocean City took a 1-0 lead at the half when Josh Brown knocked in a pass from Tom Cusack.
• Peddie School 3, Moorestown 1: Noah Michaud scored a second-half goal to avert a shutout for the host Quakers.
• King’s Christian 2, New Foundations 0: Ryan Anderson tallied his 19th goal of the season and Josh Meyers added his sixth as the Knights ran their unbeaten streak to 10 games with the win. Fullbacks Jared Hacking, Israel Reyes, Jon Black and Zach Spuler played strong games in front of goalie Matt Buchan.