Student football players from the six schools that played in the Burger King State Champions Bowl Series in December were honored by Burger King with $5,000 scholarships through the Burger King Scholars program. The students were selected for a combination of achievement in sports, academics and community involvement.
* Matt Larson, a senior fullback at Bingham (South Jordan, Utah);
* Terry Jefferson, a senior safety at Booker T. Washington (Miami);
* Sam McPherson, a fullback and free safety at Bothell, Wash.;
* Jake Nealon, a tight end at Eastside Catholic (Sammamish, Wash.);
* Tamerick Simpson, a defensive end and linebacker at Miami (Fla.) Central;
* Brock Jones, a wide receiver and free safety at Trinity Christian (Jacksonville).
Obviously, we don’t have any video of these young men studying, but here’s a few of them playing football: