The City High girls basketball team crushed Waterloo East Tuesday night in Iowa City.
Ashley Joens led in nearly every major statistical category for the Little Hawks. Joens finished with 22 points, five rebounds, four assists and seven steals. Kenya Earl added 13 points and eight rebounds, while Lillie Christpherson also registered double figures with 10 points. Sarah Plock had seven points, four assists and three steals.
City improved to 9-3.
• WEST HIGH 60, DUBUQUE WAHLERT 20: Mikaela Morgan scored 23 points en route to a West High thrashing of Dubuque Wahlert in Dubuque.
Dani Craig added 13 points for the Women of Troy.
West remains undefeated on the season at 11-0.
• WEST BRANCH 62, WILTON 14: Allyson Simpson scored nearly as many points as the entire Wilton team as West Branch beat Wilton in West Branch.
Simpson helped lead on offense for the Bears with 13 points and two assists. Haley Mullinix added 11 points, five steals, and three assists. Jenae Murray contributed a near double-double with seven points and nine rebounds.
West Branch improved to 10-4.
• CLEAR CREEK AMANA 59, WILLIASMBRUG 29: Clear Creek Amana won by 30 over Williamsburg in Tiffin.
Hanna Stokes helped lead the Clippers offensively with 18 points. Emily Wieland added 10.
Clear Creek Amana improved to 6-6.
• IMS 35, WAPELLO 28: Iowa Mennonite School sealed a victory over Wapello in Kalona.
Riley Schmieder made an impression on the score sheet for IMS with 15 points, six rebounds, and three steals. Hannah Miller added 10 points, while Jess Bender was a presence in the post with five rebounds and six blocks. Cassidy Bontrager also pulled down five rebounds.
IMS now is 2-8.
• MOUNT VERNON 62, SOLON 37: Solon fell to Mount Vernon in Mount Vernon.
Nicole Oberthein was the leading scorer for Solon with eight points. Ali Prybill had seven points, while Josie Durr had six.
• COLUMBUS 44, LONE TREE 27: Liz Dobson helped lead Lone Tree on offense with eight points in the Lions’ loss to Columbus in Columbus.