Otterbein senior Amariah Huck took home the Ohio Athletic Conference Player of the Week honor after some impressive showings.
The Tri-Valley product helped the Cardinals capture the Pat Deacon Classic last week with wins against Greensboro (93-55) and No. 25-ranked Transylvania (70-66). Huck tallied 15 points and four rebounds against Greensboro before totaling game highs of 31 points and eight rebounds against Transylvania.
Huck isfifth in the OAC in scoring (16.2 ppg), fourth in field goal percentage (56.9 percent) and ranks in the top-10 in rebounding (6.6 rpg). She also had eight points, eight rebounds and three assists Wednesday in a 71-56 loss to Ohio Northern.
ONU sophomore Alexis Kirkbride, a Rosecrans alum, played two minutes in the win. She has played 20 minutes in four games, missing all three shot attempts to go with one rebound and one assist.
· Otterbein junior Jake Phillis poured in a game-high 25 points with eight assists, four rebounds and three steals, but it wasn’t enough Wednesday in an 87-84 loss to Ohio Northern. The Zanesville graduate leads the Cardinals with 21 points per game in six starts.
· Marietta sophomore Amisha Herd collected 12 points, eight rebounds, five assists and two steals and freshman Corrie Burkhardt added seven points and 10 rebounds Wednesday in a 62-53 win against Muskingum. Freshman Jordan Smith of Crooksville played two minutes for the Muskies.
Herd, a West Muskingum alum, averages 10.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.4 assists in seven starts, and Burkhardt, a Philo product, is contributing 9.3 points and 9.3 rebounds in seven starts for the Pioneers.
· Senior Kailee Howe hit a 15-footer with three seconds left to lift West Liberty past Slippery Rock 79-77 on Nov. 25. The Zanesville alum is averaging 14.8 points and 10.8 rebounds in six games.
· Sophomore Taylor Gittings scored six points and pulled down five rebounds Wednesday in Belmont Abbey’s 82-61 win against Lees-McRae. The former Sheridan standout contributes 8.5 points and 4.2 rebounds per game.
· University of Charleston junior Darian Apperson totaled two points, five rebounds and four assists Monday as the Golden Eagles lost 62-46 to Kentucky State. The Morgan alum has 44 points, 26 rebounds and 12 assists in six games.
· Ohio Valley redshirt freshman Avery Williams tallied six points and five rebounds Saturday in an 84-66 loss to Bellarmine. The Tri-Valley product led the Scots with 16 points and grabbed six rebounds Friday in an 85-65 defeat to Southern Indiana.
· West Liberty junior Zak Kirkbride, a Rosecrans alum, had three points, three rebounds and two assists Tuesday in the Hilltoppers’ 128-78 rout of Salem.
· Freshman Sabrina Madson, a West Muskingum graduate, made her college debut, collecting a rebound in one minute of action Tuesday in Fairmont State’s 63-46 win against Salem.
· Kent State sophomore Jerald Spohn, a New Lexington product, is 6-5 with one pin and one major decision at 174 pounds this season.