Junior Jake Phillis delivered some late heroics for Otterbein last week.
The Zanesville graduate knocked down a 3 with 33 seconds left to lift the Cardinals to a 69-67 win against Denison Friday. Phillis finished with a game-high 24 points, including 4-of-8 shooting behind the arc, and had five rebounds.
Phillis also had 17 points, six assists, five rebounds and three steals as Otterbein lost 87-74 to Marion (Ind.) Saturday.
· Otterbein senior Amariah Huck finished with 11 points, six rebounds and four assists in a 68-63 loss to Washington & Jefferson Saturday. The Tri-Valley alum totaled 10 points and seven boards to lead the Cardinals past Wittenberg 62-59 Friday.
· Senior Kailee Howe scored 14 points to go with nine assists, five rebounds and three steals in West Liberty’s 95-79 victory over Urbana Monday. The former Zanesville standout had six points and 11 assists to help West Liberty beat Notre Dame 77-68 Saturday.
· Marietta sophomore Amisha Herd collected 10 points, seven rebounds, three assists and three steals and freshman Corrie Burkhardt added eight points and eight rebounds in a 67-47 win over Centre College Saturday. Herd of West Muskingum had 15 points and eight caroms and Burkhardt from Philo chipped in five points, six rebounds and three steals as the Pioneers defeated Rhodes 65-51 Friday.
· University of Charleston junior Darian Apperson scored eight points and pulled down four boards in a 60-39 win over Concord Monday. The Morgan grad is averaging 8.4 points and 4.2 rebounds in five games.
· Taylor Gittings, a sophomore at Belmont Abbey, scored eight points in a 114-53 loss to Shaw Saturday. The Sheridan product has totaled 25 points, 11 rebounds and five assists in four games.
· Ohio Valley redshirt freshman Avery Williams of Tri-Valley had 12 points, six rebounds and two blocks in a 126-68 loss to West Liberty Nov. 18. He also had four points and four rebounds as the Scots fell 76-66 to Texas A&M Kingsville Sunday.
· West Liberty junior Zak Kirkbride totaled seven points, five rebounds, three steals and two assists, as the Hilltoppers edged Notre Dame 106-103 in overtime Saturday. The Rosecrans product had three rebounds and two assists in a 133-95 win over Urbana Monday.
· Walsh senior Rian Burrell, a Zanesville grad, contributed five points and two assists off the bench in a 100-73 loss to Glenville State on Nov. 17.
· Steph Imes, a senior from West Muskingum, has tallied 18 points, five rebounds, four assists and two steals in six games for Mount Vernon Nazarene.
· Ohio Wesleyan senior Zak Geiger, a John Glenn product, finished 152nd (25:46) in Saturday’s Division III National Championships at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. There were 278 participants in the race.
· Point Park freshman Connor Wright, a Maysville alum, came in 298th (28:08) out of 326 runners in Saturday’s NAIA Championships.