Giana Mortellite provided a dramatic ending to Hammonton High School’s 3-2 Tri-County Conference field hockey victory over visiting Clearview on Monday by scoring with 46 seconds remaining in overtime.
The Blue Devils, No. 3 in the Courier-Post’s Preseason Top 15, got a pair of first-half goals by junior Ashley Ranere.
Chandler McFeeley scored a goal and assisted a goal by Gabby Glavin for No. 12 Clearview.
• Glassboro 2, Pitman 1: Destiny Nesmith’s second-half goal snapped a 1-1 deadlock for Glassboro, which got six saves from goalie Brianna Bryant. The Bulldogs’ Molly Frazier and Pitman’s Corinne Merlino traded early goals.
• Kingsway 5, Triton 0: No. 13 Kingsway overpowered the Mustangs behind a three-goal performance from Nicole Tuller. Riley LaRubbio and Taylor Acevedo added single goals and Celeste Azzari piled up three assists.
• Cumberland 4, Schalick 0: The No. 14 Colts improved to 4-0 with a defense that allowed one shot at goalie Leslie Baez and an offense featuring Gillian Nardelli’s two goals. Jordana Ambros and Courtney D’Agostino added a goal and an assist apiece.
• Gloucester 2, Salem 0: After a scoreless first half, the Lions’ Haylee Courant and Kylar Coughlin pushed in scores to boost the winners.
• Gloucester Catholic 8, Pennsville 0: Megan Dyson poured in four goals and Kaleigh Frampton followed with three.
• Highland 0, Williamstown 0: Each team was looking for its first win but settled for a scoreless tie. Williamstown goalie Michelle Teodoro made two saves.
• Woodstown 9, Penns Grove 1: No. 15 Woodstown piled up eight first-half goals, including two each by Tori Elwell and Caroline Woodside.
• Holy Cross 2, Pemberton 1: Goals off the sticks of Tatum Dougherty and Michaela Meillier gave Holy Cross enough offense to slip past the Hornets.
• Bordentown 3, Pennsauken 1: The Indians outshot Bordentown, but Morgan Irons’ two goals and Natalie Pratt’s 11 saves in net lifted the Scotties.
• Florence 7, Maple Shade 0: Megan Miksitz turned aside all seven shots she faced and Christina Stefanoni collected three goals and an assist for the Flashes.
• Rancocas Valley 2, Haddon Twp. 1: RV’s Nora Strittmatter and Jalian Young assisted on each other’s goals, giving the Red Devils enough offense to win.
• Paulsboro 3, GCIT 2: Nancia Holmes dominated the Red Raiders’ offense by scoring all three goals, including one off an assist from Cierra Corbin.
• St. Joseph 6, Audubon 2: Gianna Morganti shook loose for four goals, helped by Carlina Sacco’s three assists and Julia Jones’ two assists for the Wildcats.