ST. ALBANS – Noah Rouleau’s 10-yard touchdown run with under five minutes to play provided the go-ahead score for BFA-St. Albans as the Bobwhites rallied past Essex 41-28 in Division I high school football on Friday night.
Essex (1-4) opened a 21-0 lead in the first quarter — and BFA (2-3) didn’t pull level until Rouleau’s 57-yard TD run in the second half knotted the game 21-all. Rouleau finished with 142 yards and four scores on just eight carries.
Bennett Coseo added TD catches of 15 and 74 yards for the Bobwhites, which tied the game 28-28 early in the fourth quarter.
Elliot Boutin amassed 145 yards rushing and two scores on 25 carries to lead Essex and Jordan Hines and Liam Coulter each added TD runs.
• Middlebury 41, South Burlington 0: Five players found pay dirt for host Middlebury, which used four second-half scores to pull away from South Burlington.
Parker Gross led the way with two rushing scores for the Tigers (5-0), winners of 27 straight contests. The senior scored on a 14-yard run in the third quarter and 18-yard effort in the fourth quarter, stretching to reach the goal line, pushed the lead to 40.
Kyle Desabrais (4-yard run), Ali Abdul-Sater (5-yard run) and Trey Kaufmann (7-yard run) added scores on the ground. Oakley Gordon also tossed a 19-yard TD pass to Chase Messner.
South Burlington falls to 0-5
• Hartford 54, Rice 12: Brett MacLaren cranked out 305 yards and five touchdowns to key host Hartford’s victory over Rice.
The Hurricanes (4-1) broke free of an early 6-6 tie to lead 20-12 by the break. As a team, they ran for 510 yards on 47 rushes. Bryce Landon also tossed a 32-yard TD pass to Codi Smith. Walkker Judd carried 12 times for 84 yards and a touchdown, and Hunter Judd ran seven times for 97 yards and a score.
The Green Knights fall to 1-4.
• Brattleboro 35, Colchester 14: Host Brattleboro scored 21 unanswered points to break free of Colchester.
Chieck Diakite led the Colonels with 17 carries for 159 yards and two touchdowns, including a 75-yarder in the first quarter. Tony Martinez added two touchdown passes and ran for another.
Kyle Walker picked up 90 yards of offense and scored on a 50-yard TD run to lead the Lakers, while Matt Hesford picked up 103 yards of offense and Justin Evans caught a 16-yard TD pass from Travis Boutin.
• Otter Valley 77, Spaulding 20: Carson Leary had three rushing touchdowns and two more in the air in the first half as Otter Valley blew past host Spaulding.
Leary hit Robertas Neilson and Brent Nickerson with touchdown passes as the Otters built a 48-6 lead at halftime.
Tyson Cram added two rushing touchdowns in the second half and Will Ross returned an interception 90 yards for another Otter Valley (5-0) score.
• Rutland 40, Mount Anthony 7: Andy Kenosh threw for 161 yards and a touchdown, while Caleb White ran for 185 yards and a TD to help Rutland roll past host Mount Anthony.
Patrick Heaton had a 8-yard catch for a touchdown and Cam Slade caught three passes for 78 yards for the Raiders (4-1). Kenosh also accounted for 20-yard field goal and nabbed an interception.
Noah Normyle threw for 124 yards and hit Will Fischer with a 61-yard TD pass for the Patriots (2-3).
• Burr and Burton 67, North Country 22: Griffin Stalcup was 7-of-13 passing for 200 yards and three touchdowns and ran for two more scores as visiting Burr and Burton rolled past North Country.
Ray Gormley added six rushes for 91 yards and two TDs for the Bulldogs (5-0), who led 48-14 at halftime.
Evan Sarault tossed two TD passes for the Falcons (0-5), connecting four times with Hunter Stanley for 176 yards and two scores.
• U-32 14, Woodstock 13: Visiting U-32 blocked Woodstock’s extra-point attempt to tie the game with less than two minutes to play to stay unbeaten in Division III action.
U-32 got 136 yards rushing from Colby Brochu. Chase Ellis recovered a Woodstock fumble in the end zone for the Raiders (4-0) first score and Danny Greene added a 3-yard TD run.
Patrick Potter and Ezra Astbury scored for the 3-2 Wasps, who got 104 yards rushing from Bill Wood.