Erica Wallace scored twice in a three-minute span to spark Holy Cross High School to a 2-0 victory over visiting Burlington Township in a Burlington County League girls’ soccer game on Tuesday.
Wallace knocked in her first goal 10 minutes into the game and put in an insurance goal at the 13 minute mark .
Cassandra Skelton notched the shutout with three saves for Holy Cross, ranked No. 5 in the Courier Post Top 15.
- Bordentown 7, Maple Shade 1: Brianna Pagnani had a hat trick and an assist, while Olivia Huffman and Emma Moore each had a goal and an assist for the host Scotties.
- Rancocas Valley 3, Delran 1: The No. 8 Red Devils were led by a pair of goals from Caroline Rockhill and a goal from Lexi Pestritto.
- Riverside 3, Burlington City 0: Kasie Shively scored an unassisted goal two minutes into the second half to jump start the visiting Rams. Chelsea Jo Horta netted the second goal off a header pass from Kenzee Hudson and Hailey Russell finished the scoring off an assist from Sammi Jalkowski.
- Pemberton 7, Trenton Catholic 0: Seven players scored and Kailey Williams turned away seven shots for the host Hornets.
- Palmyra 3, Medford Tech 0: Janelle Belton netted a goal and assisted on another while Lily Garrett and Mia McEvoy both added a goal as the Panthers improved to 3-0-1. Liza Tait had four saves for the shutout.
- Westampton Tech. 5, Pennsauken 1: NazJahna Silvers had two goals and an assist, and Izaryah Diggs popped in a pair of goals for the Panthers.
- Moorestown 3, Northern Burlington 1: After a 1-1 score through the first half, Sarah Gally netted the go-ahead goal and Quinn Nicolai added an insurance goal for the No. 9 Quakers. Anni Nissen put Moorestown in front 1-0 before Ty Horne kicked in the equalizer for the visiting Greyhounds.
- Gateway 5, Lindenwold 0: Two goals by MacKell Schultes and a goal and an assist by Sarah Zuzulock paved the way for the Gators in their season opening game.
- Haddon Twp. 6, Paulsboro 0: Jamie Butera and Amanda Fox each deposited a pair of goals, and Giulia Dunn had a goal and an assist for the host Hawks (3-0).
- Sterling 5, Overbrook 1: Goals by Hannah Marshall, Saraly Gonzalez, Sabrina Shinkowitz and Megan Casey gave the visiting Silver Knights a 4-0 halftime lead. Shinkowitz netted her second goal before freshman Aleah Matthews scored for Overbrook.
- Haddon Heights 3, Woodbury 1: Alex Pease scored a pair of goals and Emily Driver chipped in with a goal for the host Garnets.
- Audubon 3, West Deptford 0: The Green Wave shocked the No. 10 Eagles bolting to a 3-0 halftime lead as Chelsea Fadio netted a pair of goals and assisted on a goal by Molly Furlong. Grace Borden stopped seven shots to secure the shutout.
- Bishop Eustace 5, Seneca 1: The No. 13 Crusaders (2-0) cruised behind two goals and two assists by Hailey McGrath, a pair of goals from Gabby Pietrangelo, and two assists by Sara Beidleman.
- Paul VI 4, Winslow 3: Lauren Calabria, Alyssa Cargagno, Michelle Hallman and Megan Reardigan scored to pace the Eagles.
- Middle Twp. 1, Holy Spirit 0: A first half goal by Allison Hunter assisted by Bridget Ruskey was all the Panthers needed as Krista Salvadore notched the shutout with five saves.
- Lower Cape May 3, Buena 2: The Tigers were led by two goals from Amanda Durbin and a goal and assist by Gabby Masterton.
- ACIT 7, St. Joseph 0: Jessica Riordan had a hat trick and Tessa Carty found the back of the net twice to propel the Red Hawks.
- Moorestown Friends 7, Florence 0: Micaela Coll’s hat trick and a pair of goals from Kieran Lees powered the Foxes.
Three second half goals enabled Delran High School to upset visiting Collingswood 3-1 in a nonleague field hockey game on Tuesday.
Morgan McConnell found the back of the cage midway through the first half to give Collingswood, ranked No. 7 in the Courier Post Top 15, a 1-0 lead.
After the break, the Bears (2-1) took control as Alexis Rider, Emily Klein and Becky Howard each put in a goal.
- Haddonfield 2, Cherokee 1 (OT): Sophia Popp scored five minutes and 37 seconds into the 7-on-7 overtime period to lift the visiting Bulldawgs. Haddonfield took a 1-0 lead on Anna Buzzard’s goal before the Chiefs’ Gab Bodine leveled the score right before the end of the first half.
- Overbrook 5, Moorestown Friends 0: The Rams improved to 3-1 as Alyssa Cavallaro netted a hat trick to go along with an assist, and Alexis Roksewicz added two goals. Taylor Gresh had five saves to garner the shutout.
Tri County Conference
- Clayton 1, Deptford 0: An unassisted second half goal by Jada Mills was the difference for the Clippers. Zoe Lee had five saves to preserve the shutout.
- Ocean City 5, Mainland 0: The No. 2 Red Raiders were led by a hat trick by Grace Sacco and a pair of goals from Rialee Allen.
- Bridgeton 2, Buena 0: Khyasia Floyd scored in the first half and Jaleeyah Saunders added an insurance goal in the second half to lift the Bulldogs.
- Atlantic City 6, Holy Spirit 1: The Vikings rolled as Lillie Cutugno had two goals and an assist, Malia Mason scored twice and Tori Budd assisted on two goals.