Kevin Walters lined a two-out single that drove home Zach Irwin in the top of the seventh inning to break a tie and give visiting the Collingswood High School baseball team a 7-6 victory over Sterling in Colonial Conference game Thursday.
Lucas Rollins settled down after giving up four first-inning runs. The St. Joseph’s recruit helped the Panthers rally by contributing a single, double, two walks and two RBIs during the comeback. Rollins struck out eight and allowed three earned runs in a complete-game effort.
Ray Taylor also singled, doubled and scored twice.
• Haddonfield 11, Overbrook 0: Matt Jones fanned eight in five innings and Joe Loperfido had a single, double and three RBIs in steering the Bulldawgs past the Rams.
• Holy Cross 10, Riverside 0: Brandon Simmons pitched a six-inning one-hitter and also went 2-for-4 with two RBIs to power the No. 13 Lancers. Connor Truncer also drove in three runs.
• Bordentown 2, Pemberton 0: Winning pitcher Matt Kohnke fashioned a two-hit shutout and helped himself with a run-scoring double that plated Joe Cashman.
• Woodstown 4, Penns Grove 2: Nick Battle collected two of the Wolverines’ six hits, while Dillon Hill and Granville Garlic knocked in runs.
• Pitman 6, Wildwood 2: David Gerace drove in a pair of runs with two singles and Riley Glenn threw five innings with eight strikeouts for the Panthers.
• Gloucester 11, Salem 1: The Lions’ John Lindenborn allowed just one single and was supported by Devin Champagne’s four RBIs and two hits apiece from Nick D’Agostino and Gavin Unitis.
• Cherry Hill West 8, Frontier (N.Y.): 1: In the Mingo Bay Classic at Myrtle Beach, Joe Santaguida’s two doubles and John Stankiewicz’s three-hit pitching carried the No. 11 Lions to victory.
It was the 100th career win for coach Dan McMaster.
• Marist (Ill.) 7, Cherokee 4: Also at Myrtle Beach, Shane Albertson’s two-run double staked the No. 9 Chiefs to an early 4-1 lead before Marist rallied.
• Buena 10, West Seneca East (N.Y.) 2: Josh Cooper knocked in two runs with a pair of singles, while Denny Brady doubled and tripled for the No. 4 Chiefs in another Mingo Bay matchup.
• Gloucester Catholic 3, McEachern (Ga.) 2: The top-ranked Rams’ second win at the Louisville Slugger Spring Classic in Emerson, Ga., featured Jake Gillis’ two hits and two runs scored, and RBIs from Keanu Kelii, Nick Seccia and Pete Farlow.
• Shawnee 9, Kenosha-Bradford (Wisc.) 1: Winning pitcher Brendan Mulligan combined with relievers Mike Casey and Dillon Deveney for a one-hitter at Orlando.
• Rancocas Valley 5, Kenosha-Bradford (Wisc.) 1: The Red Devils rallied for five runs in the top of the seventh, including Tim Zeng’s run-scoring single, to squeeze past Bradford at Orlando.
• Lenape 6, Egg Harbor Twp. 4: Sam Belanger doubled and Matt Anderson followed with an RBI triple to break a 3-3 tie and send Lenape to the win over the No. 15 Eagles at the Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach.
\Belanger, Anderson and Garrett Mahon had two hits apiece.
• St. Augustine 9, Louisville Male (Ky.) 4: The No. 2 Hermits completed a 3-0 trip to the Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach as Matt McCourt (three RBIs) homered and Kris Morganweck went 4-for-4 with a double and three RBIs.
• St. Francis DeSales (Ohio) 8, Lenape 2: Sam Belanger drove in two of Lenape’s runs and also tripled in the loss.
• LEAP 11, Clayton 10: Luis Zabala fueled the triumph with two doubles, a two-run home run, three runs scored and four RBIs.