SOUTH BURLINGTON – South Burlington scored four goals in the final 15 minutes of the second half to come back from a three-goal deficit and beat visiting Middlebury, 4-3, to stay unbeaten in high school field hockey on Thursday.
Katie Young had two goals to pace the Rebels (6-0), Casey Johnson chipped in with a goal and an assist and Kate Hall tallied once for the hosts. Joan Vera dished out two assists and Liz Sargent had six saves.
Tajah Marsden, Mikayla Humiston and Calista Carl each had a goal for the Tigers, who had a 3-0 lead early in the second half. Katie Billings made 11 stops.
• Essex 1, Burlington 0 (OT): Abbie Evans struck six minutes into the overtime period to break a scoreless tie and lift Essex past host Burlington.
Erin Murphy earned the assist of the Hornets’ gamewinner and Mady Corkum stopped three shots to get the shutout. Essex moves to 4-1-1.
Devin Libby made six saves in goal for the Seahorses (3-3).
• Mount Abraham 1, Champlain Valley 0: Danielle Bachand tallied early in the second half and Mount Abraham held off visiting Champlain Valley.
Dee Morse made five saves for the Eagles, who move to 2-5.
Tashia Pashby-Rockwood had six stops for the Redhawks (4-3).
•Mount Mansfield 5, Colchester 0: Shannon Springer and Maeve Poleman each scored twice as visiting Mount Mansfield pulled away from Colchester with three second-half goals.
Mattie Toolin also scored for the Cougars (2-3-1) and Jess Peura worked a three-save shutout.
Madison Martin turned away 11 shots for the Lakers (0-5).
•Burlington 2, BFA-St. Albans 1: Kujtim Hashani knocked in the game-winner with less than four minutes to go complete visiting Burlington’s come-from-behind win over BFA-St. Albans.
Fidele Rutayissre equalized for the Seahorses (6-2) in the 32nd minute. Campbell Smith set up the game-winning goal and Athanas Okuka finished with five saves.
Ben Thibault struck for the Bobwhites (6-2) in the 15th minute to open the scoring, converting a feed from Chris Trivieres. BFA goalie Nick Hayden turned away four shots.
• Green Mountain Valley 1, Enosburg 0: Ian Woolson knocked in the lone goal of the game as Green Mountain Valley School downed visiting Enosburg.
Carter Kendig earned the assist for the Gumbies (2-1) and Trevor McGlaflin stopped four shots in goal.
Adam Martin had four saves for the Hornets (3-4).
• Stowe 4, Lyndon 0: Darien Boerger and Emma Buonanno scored twice and Stowe blanked visiting Lyndon.
Zoe Ruffle two saves for Stowe (5-2).
Marek Upton (8 saves) and Tiffany Sanville (7 saves) were in net for Lyndon.
• U-32 1, Montpelier 0: Liz Aitchison scored off pass from Lilly Richardson 5:30 into the first half and U-32 made it stand in the home win over Montpelier.
Natalie Lavigne turned back two shots for U-32 (5-2)
Montpmlier’s Allison Chadwick made eight saves .