Wednesday marks the beginning of the fall recruiting period for Division I men’s basketball, meaning coaches can get back on the road to evaluate prospects. A few notes on where schools will be to see local players:
• Nevada was in Wednesday to see Cathedral guard Eron Gordon (2016) and Austin Peay was in to see his teammate, guard Jordan Walker (2016). Walker, who picked up an offer from IUPUI on Wednesday, took an official visit to Austin Peay last weekend. He also has offers from Cornell, Morehead State and South Alabama. Gordon, who postponed making a college decision last month, was offered by Nevada in June.
• Park Tudor forward Jaren Jackson Jr., one of the country’s top prospects in the 2017 class, had Butler, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford and UCLA in to see him on Thursday morning. The 6-9 Jackson has offers from Butler, Georgetown, Indiana, IUPUI, Michigan State, Purdue, Vanderbilt and Xavier.
• Jackson Jr.’s teammate, Park Tudor guard Kobe Webster (2017), was offered by Cornell over the weekend while on an unofficial visit. Webster also has an offer from Ball State. Ball State watched Webster on Thursday morning.
• Butler and Evansville were in this morning to see Cloverdale guard Cooper Neese (2017) and Indiana State is scheduled for Friday. North Carolina-Greensboro is scheduled for later this month. Evansville and Indiana State have offered Neese.
*Butler was also in to see Lawrence North’s Kevin Easley (2018) and Pike’s Justin Roberts (2017) on Wednesday and will check in on North Central standout Kris Wilkes (2017) and Hamilton Southeastern wing Zach Gunn (2017) on Thursday.
• New Orleans extended offers to Logansport’s Jalen Adaway (2017) and Cathedral’s Tre Landers (2017). Buffalo and Ball State have also offered Landers. Ball State, Evansville and IUPUI have also offered Adaway.