SOUTH BURLINGTON – Jeremy Clements scored 19 points and South Burlington used a second-quarter run to earn the 40-35 win over Colchester in high school boys basketball action Tuesday night.
The Rebels took a 21-13 halftime lead thanks to a 17-9 second-quarter edge before holding off the Lakers’ fourth-quarter comeback bid.
Alex Corrigan led Colcehster with 11 points.
• Champlain Valley 61, North Country 51: Walker Storey picked up 18 points and seven rebounds, Sam Lewis added 13 points and nine rebounds and Champlain Valley toppled North Country.
Rayne Supple dropped in 10 points for CVU (9-10), which made 8 of 9 from the foul line in the fourth quarter.
Keenan Werner led NC (9-10) with 13 points. Collin Myrick chipped in 10.
• Spaulding 70, St. Johnsbury 66: Troy Evans’ 23 points helped Spaulding edge St. Johnsbury.
Tristen Ross poured in 24 points for the Hilltoppers.
• Middlebury 71, Mount Abraham 26: Austin Robinson’s 15 points led Middlebury to the win over Mount Abraham.
Jon Fitzcharles recorded 11 points as all 12 players scored for the Tigers.
Mount Abraham’s Tyrus Keith scored seven points.
• Missisquoi 55, Vergennes 52: Austin Sullivan scored 17 points in Missisquoi’s narrow home win over Vergennes.
Richard Walker added 10 points for MVU (10-9), which used a 21-10 second-quarter advantage to build a cushion before holding off Vergennes.
Adam Gill paced the Commodores with 17 points.
• Lamoille 68, Oxbow 45: Eric Hoadley’s 22 points keyed Lamoille’s win at Oxbow.
Riley Fitzgerald also hit double figures for Lamoille, dropping in 10.
Oxbow’s Anthony Giesing had 15 points and Matthew Thompson tossed in 12.
• Danville 54, Twinfield 39: Travis Gore tallied 22 points to lead host Danville to a win over Twinfield.
Connor Johnson and Colton Laura-Bumps each added 10 points for the Indians (7-11).
Eli Wilson and Matt Codling each chipped in 12 points for Twinfield (7-11).
• Mount Ida 60, Norwich 54: Mike Hogervost had 15 points and 12 rebounds in Norwich’s loss to visiting Mount Ida.
Gary Gladden added a dozen points for the Cadets (8-15, 5-12).
• Norwich 3, Nichols 0: Visiting Norwich got three third-period goals in its win over Nichols.
Kim Tiberi assisted the first two goals, Liz Gemmiti and Kacyie Anderson had the tallies, and Sarah Schwenzfeier added an empty-netter for the Cadets (16-4-3, 13-0-2).