Lake Highlands has named Lonnie Jordan as football coach. Jordan was head coach last season at Class 3A Lone Oak. Jordan has plenty of North Texas, Class 6A experience. He’s a highly respected offensive coordinator who has been part of staffs at Lake Highlands, McKinney, Lorena, Clifton and Brewer. Jordan is a Haltom graduate who attended Stephen F. Austin. He was the Wildcats’ quarterback back and offensive coordinator coach during one of its most successful runs (2007-10) with former quarterback Ricky Zorn operating a high-scoring offense. Zorn played at Harvard.
Lake Highlands is expected to use a no-huddle spread offense with a 4-3 defensive scheme. Former Lake Highlands coach Scott Smith was named last month at Plano West. Under Smith, Lake Highlands had qualified for the state playoffs the last seven years.
Jordan was telling his player at Lone Oak (just east of Dallas) on Thursday morning before he was expected to meet with Lake Highlands players and staff in the afternoon.
“We were sad when he left,” Richardson ISD athletic director Bob Dubey said. “And we’re glad to have him back. He’s all about the kids. He’s a big picture guy and a great football coach.”
Frisco Centennial names Ronny Mullins
Former Prosper athletic director Ronny Mullins was named to replace Mark Howard at Frisco Centennial. Mullins is a former standout player at Plano and Texas who has been a longstanding coaching presence in North Texas. Mullins previously coached at Frisco High School from 2000-2004 before being the Frisco ISD assistant AD from 2005-2010. Mullins has also coached at Garland Naaman Forest and Garland. Howard left Centennial to become head coach at Trinity Christian Addison after leading the Titans to three consecutive district titles (2011-12-13) and a playoff berth in 2014.
North Texas Football Coaching Changes
- Lake Highlands Names Lonnie Jordan of Lone Oak
- Frisco Centennial .. Names Ronny Mullins as Titans HC
- Plano West .. Scott Smith returns from Lake Highlands
- South Oak Cliff Jason Todd elevated
- Birdville .. Lon Holbrook replaces icon Jim Skinner retires 229 career wins
- Justin Eaton opens for UIL play in 2016 under Brad Turner
- Midlothian Heritage Lee Wiginton moves over after 5 yrs at Midlothian
- Midlothian Doug Wendel moves back North Texas from Ardmore
- Hurst L.D. Bell .. Mark Smith leaves for SMU.. Mike Glaze named
- Frisco Reedy .. FISD No. 8 goes to Chad Cole (Wakeland DC)
- Skyline .. New DISD AD Gil Garza closing in on big hire
- DeSoto.. ..OC Todd Peterman promoted
- Euless Trinity … Lineweaver retires, Jensen elevated
- Trinity Christian Addison … Steve Hayes to Enid (OK).. Mark Howard named
- Arlington Lamar .. Arlington HS grad (1990) Laban DeLay takes over
- Duncanville ..
- Mabank .. Alan Haire from Lago Vista named
- Prosper … Names Chris Ross of Leander ISD
- Waxahachie …
- Fort Worth Southwest Christian.. Former QB Richard Bartel hired
- Coppell ISD names former football coach Joe McBride as AD
- Spring Westfield …Matt Meekins takes over brother Corby Meekins to UH