The roster for the U.S. Under-19 National Team for the seventh annual International Bowl has been named.
Among the key players for Team USA are Maryland commit quarterback Dwayne Haskins (No. 23 by ESPN) and uncommitted athlete Mecole Hardman (No. 29). Haskins and fellow quarterback Tristen Wallace — the DeSoto, Texas, star who decommitted from Ohio State and committed to Oregon this week — will have some star-studed targets in Tyler Vaughns and Binjimen Victor. Vaughns (Bishop Amat; La Puente, Calif.) is ranked No. 31 by 247Sports and is a USC commit. Victor (Coconut Creek, Fla.) is ranked No. 75 by 247 and is uncommitted.
Florida State commit Baveon Johnson (Lake Gibson; Lakeland, Fla.) and Jean Delance (North Mesquite, Texas) will anchor the offensive line.
Among the key players on defense are defensive backs Byron Murphy (Saguaro; Scottsdale, Ariz.) and Oregon commit Jared Mayden (Sachse, Texas) and TCU commit lineman Isaiah Chambers (MacArthur, Houston).
The Under-19 team will face Team Canada on Jan. 31 at AT&T Stadium as part of a series of games that includes four national teams competing against Canada at different age levels. The U.S. National Teams are selected and managed by USA Football, the sport’s national governing body.
Chandler (Ariz.) coach Shaun Aguano will coach the Under-19 team. Thus far, 45 players have been selected with another five still to be chosen.
The event will feature a week of practices and activities. Here is the game schedule (all times Eastern):
Sunday, Jan. 31
- U.S. Under-19 National Team vs. Canada Under-19 National Team, 4 p.m.
- U.S. Under-19 Select Team vs. Canada Under-18 National Team, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 3
- U.S. Under-14 Select Teams: Stars vs. Stripes, 2 p.m.
- U.S. Under-15 Select Teams: Stars vs. Stripes, 5 p.m.
- U.S. Under-18 National Team vs. Canada Under-18 National Team, 8 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 5
- U.S. Under-16 National Team vs. Alberta Under-16, 2 p.m.
- U.S. Under-18 Select Team vs. Ontario Under-18, 5 p.m.
- U.S. Under-17 National Team vs. Ontario Under-17, 8 p.m.